Is it worth it

Is it worth it?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth it?

• Go For It
    • No, Get a Job

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 7 2012, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 03:54 PM)
Being totally serious.
I'm really shocked at the advise to buy a ticket for a concert when you have no job and barely any money.
Can with get real?
Yeah...its a Rush concert...and its like totally awesome...but c'mon.

Feed yourself. Get a job. Get stable....then buy a concert ticket! atickhum.gif

I'm still in high school, I live with my parents and will be in a dorm room in Buffalo next year. I'm trying to get a job to save money for college, and I'd like to spend my last $40 for now on Rush. I can afford to make this risk.

Well, that changes everything! BUY THE DAMN TICKET!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 7 2012, 08:27 PM)
Being totally serious.
I'm really shocked at the advise to buy a ticket for a concert when you have no job and barely any money.
Can with get real?

I'm still in high school, I live with my parents and will be in a dorm room in Buffalo next year. I'm trying to get a job to save money for college, and I'd like to spend my last $40 for now on Rush. I can afford to make this risk.

I'm almost 21, living with my parents for now, I have a slightly-above minimum wage job, and I'm going to 5 shows this tour (so far). It's very nice to not have to pay rent, though I do pay all my other bills. I saw the opportunity, and I took it. Buying one concert ticket per paycheck doesn't really break me biggrin.gif

It's really no big deal to me to make a few sacrifices (groceries, spending money, etc.) to see Rush on what could very possibly be their last tour. I hope it's not, but you never know.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 7 2012, 07:27 PM)
Being totally serious.
Can with get real?

You probably should have mentioned that up front laugh.gif

Wait till day of the show, go to the venue and get best tix people are dumping. Play the sympathy card if you have to...may even get free tix!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 7 2012, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 7 2012, 07:27 PM)
Being totally serious.
Can with get real?

You probably should have mentioned that up front laugh.gif

Shit, I thought I mentioned I was going to be in a dorm at the University of Buffalo. Whoops. tongue.gif

I got a bit of flack from people for settling on cheap Iron Maiden tickets.

Edited by Union 5-3992

Do it, whether you buy your ticket now or later! I had second to LAST row seats at my very first show, and I still fell in love with Rush and started down the road of being a fan. I have so many happy memories of that show.

You're about to have one of the awesomest times of your life. Enjoy! 2.gif