RIP MCA

rushfanNlv

Founding member Adam Yauch of The Beastie Boys has died at the age of 47 of cancer.

If you base your opinion of The Beastie Boys on the song "Fight for your Right" then you probably do not have a high opinion of this group but they have done some amazing work in my opinion. I saw them live with my wife (she's a big fan) and loved every minute of it the show - especially when they played their instruments. The fuzz on MCA's bass during "Sabotage" was just amazing and LOUD! wub.gif

Much like Rush, this is one of those bands that has to retire as a result of a member passing. There is no replacing MCA.

RIP MCA

I saw the Beasties back in 87. The didn't play any instruments then. sad.gif

But it was still a wicked show. 1022.gif

You will be missed MCA. rose.gif

You are very correct that Beastie Boys are much more than their hit songs. Some pretty innovative sounds these guys made. The Sounds of Science indeed.

R.I.P. MCA rose.gif

Oh...and f**k CANCER!!!

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

they can rap and play drums bass and guitar like a mutha ____ I grew up with them on the car radio and tape deck! sad day for old school music in general Edited by BeOhBe Bob

I was sad to hear that he had cancer, now he has succumbed to it.

I remember reading an article of how he would go snowboarding after putting liquid LSD into his eyes before heading down the slopes... he has lived for sure!