CA trends towards the Jamming

losingit2k

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 4 2012, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 08:36 AM)
Of the list you made, they maybe might play Analog Kid. Everything else is a pipe dream.

Working Man is certainly not a pipe dream, in fact I'm almost worried they will play it again. I love it but it's been in 3 of the last 4 sets. Enough already.

That's the only other thing on the list that's a remote possibility, but it's exactly because it's been played 3 of the last 4 tours that I don't think it'll be back for CA.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 4 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 4 2012, 09:43 AM)
they need to drop working man and move on to something else.

I think so too, but they seem to fond of the songs as of late. They can easily replace it with Finding My Way/ What You're Doing , I think at the Encore of the GUP tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You're going to be sooooo disappointed when the set list gets announced. You're going to be the sad little kid who doesn't get anything he wants for Christmas.

I know I'm not the only one tired of Tom Sawyer, Limelight, pretty much all of Moving Pictures. Its time they play some more from AFTK and their earlier catalogue. It would really draw alot more fans that don't really like their currennt catalogue as much. I wasn't too happy with the TMT setlist. no.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ May 4 2012, 04:08 PM)
I know I'm not the only one tired of Tom Sawyer, Limelight, pretty much all of Moving Pictures. Its time they play some more from AFTK and their earlier catalogue. It would really draw alot more fans that don't really like their currennt catalogue as much. I wasn't too happy with the TMT setlist. no.gif

Unfortunately no, the reality is that if they continued to play all of Moving Pictures every tour from here on out it would draw more than if they played all of AFTK or any other album. You and I and a lot of fans on this forum would prefer something else but the vast majority of the crowd is not like us, they're going because they want to hear the same 12-15 signature songs every time and that's all they want to hear. 90% of the crowd doesn't even know what Cinderella Man and Madrigal are and they damn sure don't want songs like that instead of the same old radio staples. Half the crowd probably wouldn't know anything but Closer to the Heart from AFTK. They probably couldn't even name 25 Rush songs and they're not looking to hear the same things we are.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 4 2012, 08:50 AM)

I think so too, but they seem to fond of the songs as of late. They can easily replace it with Finding My Way/ What You're Doing , I think at the Encore of the GUP tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You're going to be sooooo disappointed when the set list gets announced. You're going to be the sad little kid who doesn't get anything he wants for Christmas.

Really you think so? I guess you don't know me too well! See I'd be happy with just about anything from rush except the following:

Virtuality, Dog Years, Most of COS, Good News First, Bravest Face, We Hold On, and the rest of the fillers. I'm not that close minded when it comes to set list. Last year I was actually very happy with Faithless and Stick it Out, when others weren't. Below is my true wish set list:

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels

Set 2:

Analog Kid

Limelight

Digital Man

Cut to the Chase (Probably wont happen)

Middletown Dreams (probably won't Happen)

Open Secrets (Probably Won't happen)

Losing it (Definately won't happen)

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

New World Man

Subdivsions

Mal Nar/ Drum Solo (Probably will be YYZ/ Drum Solo)

Alex's Solo/ Xanadu Entire (Probably be Alex's Solo/ the Trees)

Freewill

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale (Probably no Finale)

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

See I know RUSH, and I know they don't stray too much away from their staples and what they've done as of late. However, This year feels like it might be different. So I have my fingers crossed. Basically if the set list anything close to the above It would make me extremely happy. Anything would just make me Happy. Its RUSH for heaven sake. They've never had a bad set list! Never! If by chance they do, I promise to come crying to you first with my empty Christmas bag! Deal? Oh by the way Signals is my favorite Album, So I think I'll be fine!

sarcasm.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 4 2012, 06:50 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I would be disappointed if they dropped Working Man. It's there "meat and potatoes tune". biggrin.gif It gave them a name and would be a great opening tune! 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 4 2012, 09:53 AM)
Maybe they will break out the 30 minute version of Mountain Jam---Oh wait, wrong band cool10.gif

Just wait for the R40 tour that will follow Feedback 2

QUOTE (troutman @ May 4 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 07:39 PM)
That might be the most rational thing you've ever posted. Kudos, sir.

Who me? unsure.gif

Oops. No, I was addressing losingit2k's post right above yours. Looks like you and I posted at the same time, and yours went first, making mine out of place smile.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 4 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 07:39 PM)

Who me? unsure.gif

Oops. No, I was addressing losingit2k's post right above yours. Looks like you and I posted at the same time, and yours went first, making mine out of place smile.gif

It's all good,

My views are fishy. tongue.gif trink39.gif

In my experience, people tend to label songs with a modal structure "Jams." Modal means the song has sections where it either stays on one chord, or moves back and forth between two chords. And guess what:

Caravan, BU2B, and Headlong Flight are ALL modal. Guess it's safe to say that's why you consider CA jam-like. trink39.gif

MalNar is also modal, and is widely considered to be a jam.

I can tell you exactly what the relationship "Jam" and "Modal" have to each other:

When you think "Jam," you usually define it as something improvised, and it's hard to improvise a chord progression, so jams pretty much always tend to be modal.

Edited by Steel Rat

The rants were sorta jams...in their own way.

They've played most of my wish list songs in recent years. So, I'm more or less good. I could always go for more signals. Analog kid/digital man/ the weapon.

I brought the toe jam...who got the peanut butter?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 4 2012, 10:39 PM)

Oh, most my post are rational. Even when they don't seem that way!

wink.gif

Just trying to stir up the embers sometimes. It takes great wisdom to fake such stupidity!

cool.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 5 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 5 2012, 12:31 PM)
Another swing and a miss

Eventually I'll hit one out of the Park though! Just pray the bases aren't loaded!

653.gif

Yes you will 1022.gif trink39.gif