Getting A NEW BOSS

Principled Man

OK, so we got a new plant manager yesterday. We've been without one for several months, and the company finally hired a guy to come in and take over. Let me give you a few snippets of what occurred during the first "meeting" with the NEW BOSS..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

He got on two guys who were slightly late for the meeting.

He got on a guy for closing his eyes for two seconds too long.

He asked for questions and waited about one second before talking again.

All plant radios were to be shut OFF during the meeting.

His Two Commandments are RESPECT and ACCOUNTABILITY.

After the meeting, he ordered everyone to push in their seats before they left the room.

Now, when you consider that I work in a flour mill, where the workers are mostly foul-mouthed, uncouth, rude union workers, who have had almost complete license to say and do whatever they want for the past several years, you might guess that this new boss will be ruffling a few feathers..... laugh.gif

Anyone else have any "New Boss" stories? Please, share the joy/horror.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I got a new boss back at my last job and she kept calling me Mark, and asking me for updates on Mark's projects... this went on for months. Yes, Mark was on the same team. Yes, Mark also has a goatee (which I do not any longer if anyone cares) but apart from that, that was the only similarities. Mark was going bald, wore glasses and outweighed me by 50lbs laugh.gif

My boss describes himself as a 'systematic' guy, which mainly just translates into taking two or three times as long to get every project done, compared to how it could go if I were in charge.

But alas...maybe that's exactly why I'm not in charge. At least I have a fair degree of autonomy, though, to get my everyday things done.

And hey, the guys in our manufacturing plant don't even have radios. Or air conditioning. Not a whole lot of perks about the place.

Hmmm, one good thing...at least they don't have to ask when they need to go to the potty.

My last boss, and that is not a misnomer, the position's been nixed (about time since me and the other team leader did most of the job anyway) would simply take the money sit on his ass do nothing to obtain locations or assist in complaints, everything was a chore for him if n when we asked for it. To top it off? HE tried telling us how to do our job.

His resume reads as follows...

Daddy worked for the paper, saved money and bought me a pizza place in North carolina near UNC campus. I ran it into the ground by being a micro manager and pissing off my best employees and either firing them or having them quit from my bullshit

(he tried doing it to me. Done my job for 10 years now. first thing he tried doing was getting on my case for being late to stores, meanwhile I'd stay longer than anyone else, consistently have the most sales and this assmunch would get in the other team leader's ear..my buddy and ask him "should I get rid of Bob?")

I then somehow got a job re racking Auto trader, but that was too much work and driving

Daddy got me a job where he worked proudly for 35 years in the mailroom. I made him proud of me by f*cking that job up and instead of being fired from it I begged er uh asked my little sister for a job pushing pencils at her auto dealership in the finance department

So the closest he's ever come to working for a newspaper prior to this was? Auto trader restocker

Fah-Q!

I am the boss bitchez!

Okay but seriously:

I work in retail (grocery store) and over the past two months we have had a manager shift in two departments. HMR (Home Meal Replacement, basically take out foot section of the store) and the Front End manager (cash etc).

The HMR one is okay... the new front end manager is pissing off all the cashiers. Completely different from what they are used to. Now, I like rules, but this woman is uptight to the point of stupidity! She'll bug them if them if their name tag has a scratch or the colour of the elastic in their hair is unsatisfactory.

My old boss was the bad one. We weren't supposed to speak to each other, and weren't to be heard by him even when speaking to customers. Let me tell you how difficult this is when both you and your customers are hard of hearing! If he heard you, he'd come out of his office ranting, "ABSOLUTELY NO TALKING!" Luckily, he left the office a lot. It was especially hard on people who ate lunch with him, because you were not allowed to talk or make noise. Our branch had a bad reputation as being the one where you weren't allowed to talk.

If you disobeyed, he came and stood behind you and stared at your back at every free moment, or stood across the room and stared at you.

Luckily, the new guy is louder than we are laugh.gif Of course, the assistant manager is still...no comment...and he won't stand up to her, but still, things are a lot better, and we're counting down the six years until she retires.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 5 2012, 11:31 PM)
My old boss was the bad one. We weren't supposed to speak to each other, and weren't to be heard by him even when speaking to customers. Let me tell you how difficult this is when both you and your customers are hard of hearing! If he heard you, he'd come out of his office ranting, "ABSOLUTELY NO TALKING!" Luckily, he left the office a lot. It was especially hard on people who ate lunch with him, because you were not allowed to talk or make noise. Our branch had a bad reputation as being the one where you weren't allowed to talk.

If you disobeyed, he came and stood behind you and stared at your back at every free moment, or stood across the room and stared at you.

Insane. The lunatic was INSANE. fing.gif I would have told him to KISS MY ASS....and very LOUDLY!! I would have stared right back at him.....

No manager has the right to bully and oppress other human beings like that. He has no business being in charge of any department or any group of people. bitchslap.gif

I'm a manager. when I take over a new operation I come in quietly, observe everything and, after a couple of weeks, only change what is absolutely necessary and with the input of the staff. Always works, always improves things, and is always an easy transition.