RUSH VIP Package Info

Godeater2112

I said it on another thread but it bears repeating- the VIP thing is brilliant. Prevents scalpers and ticket brokers from taking the chance for "regular folks" to see their favorite band. Almost everyone can afford $350 a ticket IF this is their favorite band and it is a once in a lifetime thing (or that much of a priority).

For some perspective last year U2 tickets 3rd row were going for $3000 at one point. Rush (or someone) figured out a way to stop that. Bravo!

I used the fan presale and got like 18th row center for $150 each. Fine with me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't more people outraged at this new system through LiveNation?! Dropping hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a good seat? And, more likely, get screwed out of a seat MONTHS ahead of time and you won't even know till the day of the show?! WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! angry.gif wtf.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Apr 23 2012, 08:00 PM)
Why aren't more people outraged at this new system through LiveNation?! Dropping hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a good seat? And, more likely, get screwed out of a seat MONTHS ahead of time and you won't even know till the day of the show?! WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! angry.gif wtf.gif banghead.gif

I'm far too OCD to accept a system like that.

I'd rather know I have to find a seat for a show rather than knowing I have a seat "somewhere" within a range.

At least if I know I have to find a seat, I'm in control. Yanno?

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Apr 23 2012, 07:00 PM)

Exactly. There's a big difference between 1st row on the far far far edge (IMO crap seat because you only see one band member and that's it), 15th row center and anywhere in between. If I'm paying 350$ for a ticket, tell me exactly where it is or I'll buy the best seat I can be 100% certain of.

QUOTE (Barry @ Apr 23 2012, 05:26 PM)
Yes, too bad indeed :-) Let me know if you are going for the VIP packages this year, really would love the picks!

No, no VIP this time.

Like others have said, I can't really deal with the whole not knowing your seats before you buy them.

I've only used the VIP Nation option once, for Van Halen, and it's driving me nuts!!

laugh.gif

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 23 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (Barry @ Apr 23 2012, 05:26 PM)
Yes, too bad indeed :-)  Let me know if you are going for the VIP packages this year, really would love the picks!

No, no VIP this time.

Like others have said, I can't really deal with the whole not knowing your seats before you buy them.

I've only used the VIP Nation option once, for Van Halen, and it's driving me nuts!!

laugh.gif

wacko.gif

I saw both VH shows at Madison Square Garden on this tour, and they were AMAZING! You are so gonna love it. Enjoy, and best of luck with the show...hope your seats are super close!

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 23 2012, 07:26 PM)
Why aren't more people outraged at this new system through LiveNation?! Dropping hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a good seat? And, more likely, get screwed out of a seat MONTHS ahead of time and you won't even know till the day of the show?! WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!  angry.gif  wtf.gif  banghead.gif

Exactly. There's a big difference between 1st row on the far far far edge (IMO crap seat because you only see one band member and that's it), 15th row center and anywhere in between. If I'm paying 350$ for a ticket, tell me exactly where it is or I'll buy the best seat I can be 100% certain of.

If they really cared, they'd make the VIP package for the first five rows ONLY.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Apr 23 2012, 08:00 PM)
Why aren't more people outraged at this new system through LiveNation?! Dropping hundreds of dollars to MAYBE get a good seat? And, more likely, get screwed out of a seat MONTHS ahead of time and you won't even know till the day of the show?! WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!  angry.gif  wtf.gif  banghead.gif

I'm far too OCD to accept a system like that.

I'd rather know I have to find a seat for a show rather than knowing I have a seat "somewhere" within a range.

At least if I know I have to find a seat, I'm in control. Yanno?

Damn straight! There's no way in hell I could put up with this. . . and, well, I'm NOT!

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 23 2012, 08:26 PM)

+ fans and not resellers by the tix

--- dont know where you are sitting. ive been up near the stage plenty of times and the variation between first couple of rows, and rows 10-15 on outside of floor is ENORMOUS.

QUOTE (Motega @ Apr 23 2012, 11:49 PM)
how does no one else see that this system is brilliant?

Given fair market value rows 1-15 would be in the thousands per ticket at some venues.

But how is not knowing your exact location until the night of the show in any way, shape or form fair?

Shouldnt I as the buyer be allowed to decide if "fair market value" is worth it?

I would NEVER pay $300 (median price for the VIP packages) for a 15th row ticket. And if thats what I got for my money I'd be more than a little upset.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 11:07 PM)

Given fair market value rows 1-15 would be in the thousands per ticket at some venues.

But how is not knowing your exact location until the night of the show in any way, shape or form fair?

Shouldnt I as the buyer be allowed to decide if "fair market value" is worth it?

I would NEVER pay $300 (median price for the VIP packages) for a 15th row ticket. And if thats what I got for my money I'd be more than a little upset.

^This. If I were given anything further back than about the 7th row I would not pay VIP price. 15th row? No thanks, I'll take reds.

Yes, too bad indeed :-) Let me know if you are going for the VIP packages this year, really would love the picks!

I dont like not knowing the exact seats one darn bit, but went ahead and bought 2 VIP tix for Newark/Prudential Center. I had 2 seats in row 20 ready to purchase and then they vanished; then I spent over an hour getting the 'no seats available" message in the $150 range. Checked stub hub and they had plenty...but at $450-1,000 each - eff them!

So, 2 tix @ $325 each, but no handling or postage charges were added. As long as they are not so far to one side or the other that I cant see the entire stage I'll be OK, but not knowing for sure my exact seats for 6 months does suck! For Time Machine we had row 10 in Syracuse and it was amazing, but row 500 it seemed in Hershey and it was totally not the same experience.

I also checked Buffalo and Philly and seems the VIP packages vary in price from market to market but the Saturday date for Newark works best for us since we're coming from many hours away. I also booked a suite with a jacuzzi to surprise the wife so should be one awesome night all around lol.

Barry, since we have two of everything coming I can make you a very good deal on guitar picks since I dont collect much of anything these days. Hopefully all the swag comes before the concert.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 23 2012, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 23 2012, 11:07 PM)

^This. If I were given anything further back than about the 7th row I would not pay VIP price. 15th row? No thanks, I'll take reds.

yes.gif For 2010 VIP, I kept throwing back 15th row until I scored 5th. Luckily I received my VIP package and undamaged. I read that some folks were not as lucky. Considering the recent VIP experiences were largely deemed a failure by fans, they found a way to make it even a worse experience. Bravo applaudit.gif The risk is even greater. We fans can let them know about it by not buying VIP, but, what else can one do when you just got to be close. Try and get lucky at pre and general sales, or buy highly inflated priced tickets from legal scalpers? confused13.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (Stan Getz @ Apr 24 2012, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 23 2012, 10:18 AM)

Barry, since we have two of everything coming I can make you a very good deal on guitar picks since I dont collect much of anything these days. Hopefully all the swag comes before the concert.

Stan, that would be awesome! Just let me know how you'd like to make it happen. Thank you!

I bought VIP for Manchester because the best I was pulling up for that and Philly in the general presale were lower bowl, but in the way back of the arena. I could only try for 15 minutes before I had to go back to work. The people who got in at the 20 minute mark did MUCH better. Anyway, I bought the VIP for Manchester, but 15 minutes in, they're probably gonna be crap. Oh well, I wanted to do VIP for at least one show, and want the stuff (I liked the stuff last year).

Never bought tix for Philly at all (though there were quite a bit better ones, but not great, in the Citi presale today). We're ending up scrapping this show anyway so we can get to all of RushCon, plus we're still doing five shows, so that's more than enough.

I bought both DAL and STL vip packages. I tried the presale for about 30 mins, then bailed and went vip. Both were complete 30-40 mins after the sale started, so I'm probably in Row 15. Anything better and I'm happy.

I just checked on both vip sales. Both are Sold Out. Market price cleared.

The way I look at this is that there exists both a primary (face value and requires luck) and a secondary (vip, scalpers, Stubhub, etc - more pricey, but luck not needed) market. I tried to play the first then surrendered to the second.

You never know. Everyone's assuming it's first-come-first-served, but do we know that for a fact? After 11 minutes of trying with the presale, I got ninth row. That can't be the result of a first-come-first-served system. Will the VIP be any different? I don't know. Maybe you'll get lucky and end up in the front.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 2 2012, 12:38 PM)
You never know. Everyone's assuming it's first-come-first-served, but do we know that for a fact? After 11 minutes of trying with the presale, I got ninth row. That can't be the result of a first-come-first-served system. Will the VIP be any different? I don't know. Maybe you'll get lucky and end up in the front.

The VIP Package states explicitly that seating is assigned by the order you made your purchase.

I looked at the seating chart for my venue (Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow VA) and the ORCH seats only have 19 rows anyways. The vast majority of people in ORCH will be within the first 15 rows anyways. Just sayin.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 2 2012, 03:52 PM)

The VIP Package states explicitly that seating is assigned by the order you made your purchase.

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle! G.I. JOOOOE!

tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 2 2012, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 2 2012, 03:52 PM)

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle! G.I. JOOOOE!

tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

But the valid point here is...how do we know?

Because we never see what seats we are ordering, we are completely dependent on the company to tell us the truth.

I called VIP Nation and spoke with a really nice person who was very patient and answered some questions for me. I'm a lot more comfortable ordering from them after talking to them.

I asked straight out if tickets were in fact allocated based on time of order and was told "YES!". They really have no reason to lie about this.

If somebody is willing to spend $300+ for one show odds are they'll spend that money again at some point. So why alienate your target client base?

I'll be ordering VIP for a show. I will HATE not knowing where I'm going to be sitting but I will know I'm among the first to order and I do believe they will handle it properly.