2012 - 11/01 - Atlanta, GA

Great show last night -- they swapped out Middletown Dreams for Limelight, which was ok. I actually would have preffered Middletown Dreams, but I like Limelight a lot too. Definitely not a detractor from the great show.

It was chilly at Encore Park last night. Alex kept warming his hands whenever he had a break in the action. The crowd was very into the show -- I did not see anyone sitting down, lots of air guitar/drums/bass, and I even saw (for the first time EVER) an air violinist!

The lawn looked pretty full from where I was up front. Overall a great show, my first on this tour. I was very impressed with how great the Clockwork Angels songs sounded live, and I thought the strings ensemble added to the second set without being overly intrusive.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meetup was awesome (thank you Bobby and Aaron)!

I finally got to meet 73 and Sullysue, though I didn't get to talk to them as much as I'd have liked to, since we all had to head to the venue and then promptly lost each other.

Spent a long time chatting/drinking/eating with johndyar and his wonderful daughter Sam. John even got a few Alex picks from Howard Ungerleider and gave me one (it's on display on the foyer console table at home).

As for the show itself - I cannot say enough. I wish they'd done Middletown Dreams but Limelight is never a downer. Geddy was in full voice all night - he sounded 20 years younger.

If I have a complaint at all it's this - ladies, please leave the Texas Cheerleader hair at home if you have floor seats. The vertically-challenged people behind you will appreciate it! Just a minor annoyance and I just had to shift around a lot to see - no big deal.

This is one concert tour DVD I will definitely be buying. Can't wait for 2013!

I finally got to meet 73 and Sullysue, though I didn't get to talk to them as much as I'd have liked to, since we all had to head to the venue and then promptly lost each other.

Spent a long time chatting/drinking/eating with johndyar and his wonderful daughter Sam. John even got a few Alex picks from Howard Ungerleider and gave me one (it's on display on the foyer console table at home).

As for the show itself - I cannot say enough. I wish they'd done Middletown Dreams but Limelight is never a downer. Geddy was in full voice all night - he sounded 20 years younger.

If I have a complaint at all it's this - ladies, please leave the Texas Cheerleader hair at home if you have floor seats. The vertically-challenged people behind you will appreciate it! Just a minor annoyance and I just had to shift around a lot to see - no big deal.

Great to finally meet you, too! Too bad we got there so late (we hit major traffic due to an accident), otherwise we would have had more time to socialize. We didn't even get to eat.

I agree about the show. The boys were in good form, and the new songs translated very well.

It was good to see you for a few minutes, Mara.

My son had an absolutely wonderful time at his first Rush show. I'm so thankful I got to share that.

It was great hanging out with you to Mara. Sam and I really enjoyed it. Howard gave Sam 6 picks. Se gave me one, she kept one, and except for the one you got Mara, she gave the rest away to kids she picked out of the crowd. The show was GREAT as always. We also had a good time at Miller's celebrating her birthday after the show. I wish that I could live it all again!!!

My wife and I stopped at Mike's Ale House for the pre-show meet - up. We didn't announce we were coming or anything, we just showed up. We didn't expect to see many folks there actually and didn't even wear Rush shirts (we don't have long sleeve Rush shirts anyway). But it was cool seeing so many Rush heads in one place. We met a nice couple from south Alabama, and over the din of drinking and talking, we tried to converse. It was noisy! :-) But after a couple of drinks we were ready to hit the venue and prepare for the show. (which started about 15 mins late.)

The Atlanta show was awesome - by far the best one I have seen since the 94 Counterparts show. I don't know if it was the seats (Row Y, Ged's side of the stage), or just the energy of the band... but man, it was great. The crowd was very into it. I have a feeling the cold played a part in that -- lots of movement to keep warm!

This was my 6th time to see them. I was planning to avoid the setlist, but I gave into temptation.

My wife, however, was very good and did not look at the setlist, and boy was she in for a surprise - this was her 3rd time to see them and four of her favorite songs were played: The Pass, Force Ten, Red Sector A and Dreamline. Plus, she adores CA so it was a win all around for her. :-) As for me, I loved it as well, but of course, having seen them 5 times already, there were only a handful I hadn't seen, or hadn' t seen in awhile. It was awesome to see The Analog Kid back in the set, I have always loved that song. Territories was interesting. The new songs were all great, although I think Halo Effect is a buzzkill energy wise in a live setting.

On the other end of the spectrum, Headlong Flight was incredible. Simply amazing. Carnies, one my personal faves on the new album, was emotional for me, I got chills, and the pyro at the end ... man.

Ged may not be able to sing like he did 20 years ago, but he sounded much better than he did on the TM tour. All around, a good show. I so hope they hit Nashville on a 2013 leg.

It was great to meet you, Mara. I was disappointed too that we didn't have more time to talk. We'll have to find another opportunity to all be in your neck of the woods when we can all sit and visit.

The show was amazing! The sound was good, and of course the guys were completely on top of their game. LOVE the string section. They were totally jamming and getting into it. That was VERY cool. The only negatives were the fact that I almost froze my ass off, and we all got a face full of the most foul-smelling weed I've ever experienced. The venue was really, really nice. Wouldn't mind seeing another show there, as long as I'm prepared for the weather next time!

It was good to see you for a few minutes, Mara.

My son had an absolutely wonderful time at his first Rush show. I'm so thankful I got to share that.

Watching him enjoy the concert was priceless. I wouldn't have missed that for anything in the world.

What a fantastic weekend! I wish we could do stuff like that together more often. I miss you guys already!!!!

Archived