You know you're a Rush Geek when...

Earwig2112

This may have been done, but feel free to list any peculiar habits or behaviors linked to the band - and not just simple stuff such as using 2112 as a pin, or in a user name or Email address (ahem).

I'll start by admitting to hanging around the fruit and veg in our local store last week. Not very relevant? Well, "Spirit" had just come on the radio and my MP3 player has bad reception inside buildings - apart from one sweet spot next to the fruit and veg that is.

So I was forced to pretend to be interested in mangos, pineapples and such like for over 5 minutes, while attracting the attention of a suspicious security guard.

Well, what else can you do? Blame British Radio 2 for keep playing a bit of Rush from time to time. Just wish they could've timed it better.

Over to you....

Does jumping out of the shower & striking the 'Hemispheres' pose count as geeky behaviour?

I need to know as my court appearance is next week...

QUOTE (Earwig2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 05:19 AM)
This may have been done, but feel free to list any peculiar habits or behaviors linked to the band - and not just simple stuff such as using 2112 as a pin, or in a user name or Email address (ahem).

How about as a phone#?

A few years ago, when I activated a new cell phone, they asked me if I had a preference for a phone number. Naturally, I asked if I could get "2112" as the last 4 digits of my cell #. The guy checked in the system and said, "Yes that number combination is available". That made my day, to say the least.

Everytime I do the "slappin' de bass" thing and strike the bass pose, people always ask "what the hell is that?". It's like everybody in the world knows who Rush is, but hardly anybody "gets" 'em, ya know. Such is the life of being a lifelong Rush fan. Edited by Bastille Dave

When you're doing a crossword or a cryptogram and you come upon a word like, say, mission or animate and you immediately start to sing the song. biggrin.gif

when your driving in a mini-van with your 2 sons age 5-7...you have snakes,and arrows BLASTIN they start with the "i'm Geddy this time,

your,neil and dad is Alex!!...and of course you have to play along 1022.gif

• Like 1

I'm kind of known as "the Rush guy" around my neck of the woods. So naturally, this means that during the past few weeks, people have been calling and texting me a lot to tell me that they heard the new Rush song and ask if I heard it yet.

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Apr 17 2012, 06:33 PM)
You know you're a Rush geek when you make a Rush reference in your SAT vocabulary practice sentences.

Or your AP College Board Exam. Twice.

... you are doing a cryptogram family (list of related words/things) of Bands in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and you grimace the entire time, knowing Rush isn't going to be on it. angry.gif