A Camel Subforum

I've been a Camel fan for the past couple of years, but haven't come across much new news recently. I don't know if anyone else on the Rush forum is a big Camel fan, but I figured that since almost all the other "Camel Dedicated" websites have dried up, I'd start a topic on here with the point of sharing new info found about Camel.

Last I heard, the Andrew Latimer and Denis Clement were writing for a new album, and that Andy's health was back to being good enough to perhaps even do a mini-tour. But, that was written maybe two years ago and haven't heard anything since. Anybody else have any new news?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:53 PM)
Big fan of Mirage, Moonmadness, Snowgoose and Rain Dances. 1022.gif

Yes, Rain Dances has always been a personal favorite of mine, especially because of Mel Collin's sax work on it. My total favorite though has to be 1999s Rajaz. That has to have some of the greatest guitar work on it!

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 6 2012, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 5 2012, 07:35 PM)
I have The Snow Goose and Mirage. Love them both.

but not Moonmadness? what's wrong witchoo?

They're another band that I need to get into. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of their albums soon.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 5 2012, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:53 PM)
Big fan of Mirage, Moonmadness, Snowgoose and Rain Dances.  1022.gif

Yes, Rain Dances has always been a personal favorite of mine, especially because of Mel Collin's sax work on it.

yeah that album had a little more of a jazz feel but I love it... and it is the perfect album for a rainy day smile.gif

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 6 2012, 02:03 PM)
I have Mirage, Moonmadness, Breathless, and I Can See Your House from Here. Huge fan of Mirage and Moonmadness, can't really say the same for the other two but "Ice" off ICSYHfH is AWESOME.

I understand what you mean, I can See and Breathless aren't at the top of my favorites, but the one after those two, Nude, is a nice proggy return.

The Snow Goose is in my top 5 albums of all time. smile.gif

HUGE fan of Camel here. By the way.. a new forum was just started by the guy who runs Pink-Camel.de (a very useful bootleg catalogue)

Might want to check it out: http://pink-camel.xobor.de/

I joined already...

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 6 2012, 07:19 PM)
The Snow Goose is in my top 5 albums of all time. smile.gif

HUGE fan of Camel here. By the way.. a new forum was just started by the guy who runs Pink-Camel.de (a very useful bootleg catalogue)

Might want to check it out: http://pink-camel.xobor.de/

I joined already...

Ahhh, thanks very much! I've been looking for an active place for progressive stuff other than some of the more well known

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 6 2012, 02:49 PM)
I have Mirage, Moonmadness, Breathless, and I Can See Your House from Here. Huge fan of Mirage and Moonmadness, can't really say the same for the other two but "Ice" off ICSYHfH is AWESOME.

I understand what you mean, I can See and Breathless aren't at the top of my favorites, but the one after those two, Nude, is a nice proggy return.

saw that one at my local record store. Should I pick it up next time I'm in?

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 7 2012, 12:33 PM)

I would definitely say to do so, if you like a bit of synth.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 7 2012, 01:57 PM)

Picked it up, just finished listening to it, and boy, what an amazing record. I just kinda assumed since it was made after I Can See Your House from Here that it wouldn't be very good until your suggestion. Amazing concept and even better music. I love how you can easily read the story from the gatefold sleeve along with the music as it changes. The beautiful instrumentals really add to the atmosphere of the story and the few songs with lyrics are very well thought out and are evenly placed throughout the record. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I desperately need The Snow Goose now. I have heard wonders about it but I haven't seen it at the record store. I might just have to resort to eBay. Slowly becoming a huge Camel fan...

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 7 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 7 2012, 01:57 PM)

Picked it up, just finished listening to it, and boy, what an amazing record. I just kinda assumed since it was made after I Can See Your House from Here that it wouldn't be very good until your suggestion. Amazing concept and even better music. I love how you can easily read the story from the gatefold sleeve along with the music as it changes. The beautiful instrumentals really add to the atmosphere of the story and the few songs with lyrics are very well thought out and are evenly placed throughout the record. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I desperately need The Snow Goose now. I have heard wonders about it but I haven't seen it at the record store. I might just have to resort to eBay. Slowly becoming a huge Camel fan...

Awesome! I thought the same thing after listening to I can See Your House From Here, but it really is actually more proggy than the preceding two and subsequent two. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Been listening to their music for over 30 years and The Snow Goose is still a " go to" CD. Brilliant

Moonmadness, Mirage and Nude are all great.

Love Breathless/Echoes from Breathless.

Some of their later works were patchy though

Not great on vocals but Andy Latimer is still one of my faves guitarists.

I got Moonmadness in the mail today. Holy shit, its good. Chord Change, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea are my favorites. I don't know why it took me so long to get it. Now I'm waiting for Nude to arrive. It should be here tomorrow or early next week.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2012, 07:58 PM)
I got Moonmadness in the mail today. Holy shit, its good. Chord Change, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea are my favorites. I don't know why it took me so long to get it. Now I'm waiting for Nude to arrive. It should be here tomorrow or early next week.

smile.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2012, 06:58 PM)

Air Born and Another Night are my favorites, and I love the dreariness of the short Spirit of the Water. Man, Moonmadness is so awesome. cool.gif

Nude is definitely a favorite of mine, but I mean how could you not love all of them? I think Moonmadness is great for the big Floyd fan (who likes quite a bit more musicianship than Floyd!), especially Spirit of the Water and Song within a Song, and Nude seems to actually be a Camel album for the Rush fans- using synths as melody rather than as the main instrument like someone like Wakeman.

For the Roll the Bones fan, this band probably isn't for you wink.gif)))