Stupid Dream

Akron162

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Mar 16 2012, 12:30 AM)
I listen to it for the first time today. Nice enough, but it has certain Radiohead vibe i didnt like. I will give it a few more listens anyway.

You caught a Radiohead vibe from it? Huh, totally opposite to what I got. I honestly thought it bore a lot in similarity to "The Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails.

Great album. Nothing crappy about it. Keep listening and you'll understand.

I found that most PT albums had to grow on me. I guess I had to grow accustomed to their varying styles from song to song.

Stupid Dream is one of my favorite PT albums. Definitely one of those albums you can listen to front to back.

Awesome record. One of the best ever, and PT's 2nd best, IMO (behind only Lightbulb Sun).

Also, while a Radiohead vibe is never a bad thing, I really don't hear it that much on this record. Okay, The Bends is mentioned in Pure Narcotic, but where else? I mean, are we gonna say that Pure Narcotic and No Surprises sounds alike because they both use a xylophone, like Radiohead was the first band to ever use that?

Edited by The K Man

That era for PT is kind of unique, both Stupid Dream, and LigthBulb Sun were albums were different from what came before and after. They were certainty a change from the trippy floyd-ish delirium albums, and quite different from the heavier albums that followed them..

I like that era of PT two great albums.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 16 2012, 03:58 PM)
Awesome record. One of the best ever, and PT's 2nd best, IMO (behind only Lightbulb Sun).

Also, while a Radiohead vibe is never a bad thing, I really don't hear it that much on this record. Okay, The Bends is mentioned in Pure Narcotic, but where else? I mean, are we gonna say that Pure Narcotic and No Surprises sounds alike because they both use a xylophone, like Radiohead was the first band to ever use that?

I remember reading a while back that The Bends reference in Pure Narcotic had something to do with the record company wanting SW to write music like Radiohead.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 17 2012, 10:29 AM)
That era for PT is kind of unique, both Stupid Dream, and LigthBulb Sun were albums were different from what came before and after.  They were certainty a change from the trippy floyd-ish delirium albums, and quite different from the heavier albums that followed them..

I like that era of PT two great albums.

I much prefer the heavier. Guess I'm in the minority here.