The 2012-13 Miami Dolphins Thread

laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 20 2012, 06:03 PM)
Well, we got the best QB in the game.

OK, maybe the best QB in the game with Crohn's disease...

We're gonna suck.    Hopefully, bad enough to get Matt Barkley.
Of course, we'd probably draft Charles Barkley, or Aaron Baddeley (the golfer).Besides, my Hoosiers play Friday night...wouldn't miss that game for anything (even though I fear we'll lose).

"best QB in the game with Crohn's disease..."

rofl3.gif

I think you're right on playing next year for Matt Barkley. It appears they traded Marshal to make room for Manning and Wayne and now they are just resolved to going for the #1 pick next year.

Still, as bad as I feel for you, as a Browns' fan, you will never really understand NFL misery! laugh.gif

Good luck on Friday! I am pulling for the Hoosiers, one, because of the Big10 and, two, because I want Kentucky gone just in case the Buckeyes make a run to the championship!

The Miami Dolphins seem to be preparing to select Texas A&M University quarterback Ryan Tannehill with the eigth overall pick. While some "experts" seem to think Tannehill could be off the baord by the Dolphins' pick, if he is there at eight, the Dolphins will probably select him. But, if they do take him, how will the fan base react?

With that question in mind, I bring you this poll:

--------------------------------------
Poll
If the Miami Dolphins select Ryan Tannehill with the eighth overall pick, I will be....

14%  Ecstatic 61 votes
41% Happy 177 votes
30% Indifferent 132 votes
10% Upset 45 votes
3% Seething mad 16 votes

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/30/2914...-ryan-tannehill

Just kill me now. (one of the 16 is me, BTW).

'Fins unwilling to pay Flynn franchise QB money

By Marc Sessler

Discord and angry rants in newsprint. Fan protests on boiling Miami streets on a Tuesday afternoon. Viciously worded billboards and banners flown overhead Sun Life Stadium.

These are the days and nights of Jeff Ireland.

The Dolphins general manager has kept relatively silent despite a firestorm of criticism from Miami's fan base and a slate of NFL players -- everyone from Steelers safety Ryan Clark to former Dolphins defenders Channing Crowder and Joey Porter -- who paint Ireland as a problem child roaming South Beach. A figure players don't want to mix with.

Dolphins-related angst peaked when free-agent quarterback Matt Flynn, the perceived soul mate of coach Joe Philbin, bypassed Miami to sign with Seattle. Flynn said the Seahawks were "led by the right type of people," perceived by some as another ugly review of Miami's front office.

A Dolphins source told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington the team was willing to offer Flynn just under $4 million per year because they weren't convinced he was a franchise quarterback. Seattle committed to paying the former Packers backup more than double at nearly $8 million per year on a three-year deal.

"I've never been degrading," Ireland told Darlington this week at the NFL Annual Meeting. "I'm abrupt. I'm brutally honest. And I'm not going to lie to anybody. I don't try to tell them something to get them in the door and tell them something different after they sign. That's not me.

"I haven't missed out on too many players I've gone after. Peyton Manning? I'm a small piece of that situation. Matt Flynn? That was half his decision, and it was half our decision."

In his column that dropped Friday, Darlington delivers the other side of the coin on one of the league's most embattled executives.We suggest you sit back, click in and enjoy the ride.

Dolphins LB Misi arrested on battery warrant

Associated Press

Published: March 30, 2012 at 04:09 p.m.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi has been arrested on a warrant from California on charges stemming from a bar fight several months ago.

Reuter: AFC East draft needs

What are the biggest holes left on each AFC East roster? Chad Reuter assesses draft needs for all four teams. More ...

A Broward Sheriff's Office spokesman says the 25-year-old Misi was arrested Friday without incident at his home in Weston. Officials say they were contacted about making the arrest by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office in California.

Misi's attorney says he will waive extradition to California and plead not guilty to the charges, which include battery with serious bodily injury.

The Dolphins declined comment. The 6-foot-3, 251-pound Misi has played two years for the Dolphins out of Utah State. Last season he recorded 34 tackles, including one quarterback sack.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 02:05 PM)
"I've never been degrading," Ireland told Darlington this week at the NFL Annual Meeting....

"I haven't missed out on too many players I've gone after. Peyton Manning? I'm a small piece of that situation. Matt Flynn? That was half his decision, and it was half our decision."

Well, if he hasn't missed out on too many players he's gone after, that says a lot about his judgment of talent.

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 02:21 PM)
Dolphins LB Misi arrested on battery warrant
Associated Press
Published: March 30, 2012 at 04:09 p.m.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi has been arrested on a warrant from California on charges stemming from a bar fight several months ago.

Reuter: AFC East draft needs
What are the biggest holes left on each AFC East roster? Chad Reuter assesses draft needs for all four teams. More ...
A Broward Sheriff's Office spokesman says the 25-year-old Misi was arrested Friday without incident at his home in Weston. Officials say they were contacted about making the arrest by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office in California.

Misi's attorney says he will waive extradition to California and plead not guilty to the charges, which include battery with serious bodily injury.

The Dolphins declined comment. The 6-foot-3, 251-pound Misi has played two years for the Dolphins out of Utah State. Last season he recorded 34 tackles, including one quarterback sack.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Idiot.

He's not a bad player, but it's not like he's a star.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 30 2012, 04:15 PM)
"I've never been degrading," Ireland told Darlington this week at the NFL Annual Meeting....

Well, if he hasn't missed out on too many players he's gone after, that says a lot about his judgment of talent.

He's an idiot, hopefully for you he'll get fired in the near future...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 30 2012, 04:15 PM)

He's an idiot, hopefully for you he'll get fired in the near future...

Aye. 1287.gif

OK, alternative scenario.

We draft Brandon Weeden at #8, trade for John Beck, and sign Chris Weinke, to complete a roster of QBs who were all drafted after age 25.

It could work...

Here in MN they're talking about teams trading up to #3 with the Vikings) to get him.

I'm with you...I don't get it at all. Is there any competent college QB who couldn't have put up big numbers against Big XII secondaries in 2011?

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 6 2012, 04:11 PM)
Here in MN they're talking about teams trading up to #3 with the Vikings) to get him.

I'm with you...I don't get it at all. Is there any competent college QB who couldn't have put up big numbers against Big XII secondaries in 2011?

I think it's the media's fault, RGIII and Luck are as good as drafted already, so they're looking to create intrigue around the next best quarterback, even if he's average...

I just wish the thing would hurry up and get here...I love watching the draft even though it never reciprocates with any good picks.

Mock draft on phins.com

Rd 1 Quintin Copley DE UNC

Rd 2 Brock Osweiler QB ASU

Rd 3 Brandon Boykin CB UGa

Rd 3 Greg Childs WR Ark

Rd 4 Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

Rd 5 Brandon Mosley OT Aub

Rd 6 Olivier Vernon OLB-DE Mia(Fl)

Rd 7 Jerry Franklin ILB Ark

I like the first round pick, but I'm not sure I'm sold on rd 2. With the other picks, I don't know a lot about them but the best CFB is played, without doubt in the SEC, so they COULD be decent.