The 2012-13 Miami Dolphins Thread

laughedatbytime

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Mar 18 2012, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 18 2012, 04:27 PM)
With Matt Flynn a Seahawk it looks like it's Tannehill or Alex Smith or...Matt Moore for the Fins. Where did the 2012 season go wrong? wacko.gif

Maybe they can go 2-14 and get Matt Barkley next year?  tongue.gif

I heard David Garrard is also a possibility... eh.gif

These options suck. Moore isn't completely terrible, so maybe stick with him as a stopgap for another year and hope for better luck acquiring a QB next offseason.

It does look bad for Miami if Flynn won't go there even with his old OC in charge...

I mean the Seahawks are a bit of meh team anywhere outside Seattle, maybe even IN Seattle...

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Mar 18 2012, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 18 2012, 04:27 PM)
With Matt Flynn a Seahawk it looks like it's Tannehill or Alex Smith or...Matt Moore for the Fins. Where did the 2012 season go wrong? wacko.gif

Maybe they can go 2-14 and get Matt Barkley next year?  tongue.gif

I heard David Garrard is also a possibility... eh.gif

These options suck. Moore isn't completely terrible, so maybe stick with him as a stopgap for another year and hope for better luck acquiring a QB next offseason.

Nothing against you, but f*** those options.

I'll have to think about renewing my Sunday Ticket for the 2012 season. Who wants to see a boring team go 3-13?

Here she is.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 18 2012, 05:18 PM)
Here she is.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg

Looks like a cross between 90s era Drew Barrymore and 80s era Heather Locklear...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 18 2012, 04:39 PM)
Here she is.

Looks like a cross between 90s era Drew Barrymore and 80s era Heather Locklear...

cool10.gif

She's better at looking good than Taneyhill is at QBing!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 18 2012, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 18 2012, 04:39 PM)
Here she is.

cool10.gif

She's better at looking good than Taneyhill is at QBing!

Yeah...Tannehill won't amount to anything probably...

Steelers safety Clark says 'no one' wants to play for Dolphins

NFL.com

Published: March 19, 2012 at 02:32 a.m.

The 2012 offseason has been a rough one for the Miami Dolphins, as the team has lost out on free-agent quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn after failing to land coach Jeff Fisher. Now, even other NFL players are piling on.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark took a shot at the Dolphins' inability to land free agents on Twitter Sunday, according to ProFootballTalk.com. Responding to a previous tweet that claimed no one wants to sign with the team, Clark tweeted: "No one! To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to."

Clark had an answer when someone wondered why the Dolphins had such poor results. "It's my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions," he tweeted, seemingly referring to general manager Jeff Ireland.

And, a few minutes later: "Done w talk of the Dolphins. Good luck to their team. Their are some good men working hard to win games ON the field."

cool10.gif

In the interests of balance here is a succinct response from a Dolphins fan, who's log on handle cracked me up too! laugh.gif

Bradybreakaleg: Glad you didn't sign here Clark. Enjoy playing with Raperburger.

1 hour ago

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2012, 01:55 AM)
In the interests of balance here is a succinct response from a Dolphins fan, who's log on handle cracked me up too!  laugh.gif

Bradybreakaleg: Glad you didn't sign here Clark. Enjoy playing with Raperburger.
1 hour ago

laugh.gif

smile.gif

May Ryan Clark sign (or stay) with a team that plays all of their road playoff games in Denver.

Edited by laughedatbytime

And the new Miami Dolphins quarterback is:

Not RG3!

Not Manning!

Not Flynn!

Not Alex Smith!

Not Tim Tebow!

Not even Matt Moore!

It's-

Wait for it...

David Gerrard! wacko.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Former Jaguars QB Garrard says he's joining Dolphins

NFL.com Wire Reports

Published: March 19, 2012 at 08:35 p.m

Former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard is joining the Miami Dolphins, he told Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer on Monday night in a text message.

A league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Garrard's deal is for one year.

Garrard didn't reveal terms of the deal, which brings him to Miami to compete with Matt Moore for the starting job -- unless the team brings in another quarterback. The Dolphins missed out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, who chose the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks, respectively. Alex Smith visited Miami on Sunday, but he could return to San Francisco, where he has spent his entire NFL career.

Garrard, a starter for the Jaguars from 2005 to 2010, didn't play last season. He was released five days before the opener, then underwent back surgery in October.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2012, 09:12 PM)
Former Jaguars QB Garrard says he's joining Dolphins

NFL.com Wire Reports

Published: March 19, 2012 at 08:35 p.m

Former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard is joining the Miami Dolphins, he told Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer on Monday night in a text message.

A league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Garrard's deal is for one year.

Garrard didn't reveal terms of the deal, which brings him to Miami to compete with Matt Moore for the starting job -- unless the team brings in another quarterback. The Dolphins missed out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, who chose the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks, respectively. Alex Smith visited Miami on Sunday, but he could return to San Francisco, where he has spent his entire NFL career.

Garrard, a starter for the Jaguars from 2005 to 2010, didn't play last season. He was released five days before the opener, then underwent back surgery in October.

Someone please, find laughedatbytime...go to his house. Find him and tell him it will all be ok! tongue.gif

If your reading this now laughedatbytime, put the gun down! It's not worth it! I felt the same way when the Browns signed Jake Delhomme! yes.gif

treeduck, seriously, don't be so callous! laugh.gif

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

Angry mob of Dolphins fans stage organized protest

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

Published: March 20, 2012 at 04:44 p.m.

Apparently firm in their collective decision the signing David Garrard wasn't enough, a group of disgruntled Miami Dolphins fans staged a protest outside team facilities on Tuesday.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that about 30 people, "including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll" were outside the team facility in Davie, Fla., in a protest that began around noon.

Naturally, this all very bad press for the Dolphins, who took the extreme step of releasing a statement on the matter.

"We have the most passionate fans in football, and they are not shy about letting their sentiments be known," Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said. "We understand, and we are working hard on giving them something to cheer about this season."

Much of the fan vitriol has been directed at general manager Jeff Ireland, who has been blamed for the team's inability to land Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn this offseason. On Tuesday, fans showed their disapproval of the GM with "FIRELAND" signs.

The Dolphins went 11-5 and won the AFC East in Ireland's first seasons as GM in 2008, but are 20-28 in the three seasons since with a questionable sense of franchise momentum. Ireland's been Teflon to this point, but organized protests against you can't play well in-house.

"including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll"

Is that you LABT??? laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 20 2012, 04:52 PM)

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

Apparently firm in their collective decision the signing David Garrard wasn't enough, a group of disgruntled Miami Dolphins fans staged a protest outside team facilities on Tuesday.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that about 30 people, "including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll" were outside the team facility in Davie, Fla., in a protest that began around noon.

Naturally, this all very bad press for the Dolphins, who took the extreme step of releasing a statement on the matter.

"We have the most passionate fans in football, and they are not shy about letting their sentiments be known," Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said. "We understand, and we are working hard on giving them something to cheer about this season."

Much of the fan vitriol has been directed at general manager Jeff Ireland, who has been blamed for the team's inability to land Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn this offseason. On Tuesday, fans showed their disapproval of the GM with "FIRELAND" signs.

The Dolphins went 11-5 and won the AFC East in Ireland's first seasons as GM in 2008, but are 20-28 in the three seasons since with a questionable sense of franchise momentum. Ireland's been Teflon to this point, but organized protests against you can't play well in-house.

"including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll"

rofl3.gif

I literally googled that to make sure you didn't just write it! That looked like an article you would make up. laugh.gif

I feel their pain. If the Browns signed Garrard, I'd be pissed too!

labt, Garrard isn't that bad...who knows, maybe all he needs is a change of scenery!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 20 2012, 03:59 PM)

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

rofl3.gif

I literally googled that to make sure you didn't just write it! That looked like an article you would make up. laugh.gif

labt, Garrard isn't that bad...who knows, maybe all he needs is a change of scenery!

laugh.gif

The funny thing is I want a Dan Marino doll too now! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 20 2012, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 20 2012, 03:59 PM)

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

The funny thing is I want a Dan Marino doll too now! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Nah, didn't write it. If I did, I wouldn't use a fake name as obvious as Dan Hanzus.

But it is nice to know people still care... fists crying.gif

Well, we got the best QB in the game.

OK, maybe the best QB in the game with Crohn's disease...

We're gonna suck. Hopefully, bad enough to get Matt Barkley. Of course, we'd probably draft Charles Barkley, or Aaron Baddeley (the golfer).

Besides, my Hoosiers play Friday night...wouldn't miss that game for anything (even though I fear we'll lose).