high speed computers help

circumstantial tree

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 20 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Feb 20 2012, 12:44 AM)
*4 GB RAM is plenty to run any programs you need, and many at once too!
*500GB Hard Drive is plenty. (they are cheap)

You could't be more wrong. 4GB is plenty? You credibility is shot with that statement alone, but then you say that a 500GB drive is plenty as well?? Yeah, maybe if all you ever use is Office and a web browser.

God what a douche... confused13.gif

Just popping in....

More RAM is always a good idea. RAM is pretty cheap these days and if you tend to multitask photo/video/audio programs, you'll want a lot of it.

It doesn't really matter how much hard drive space your computer comes with, because when working with multimedia it's generally a good idea to use external drives.

Edited by CrossedSignals

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 27 2012, 08:50 AM)

You could't be more wrong. 4GB is plenty? You credibility is shot with that statement alone, but then you say that a 500GB drive is plenty as well?? Yeah, maybe if all you ever use is Office and a web browser.

Says the asshole who bumped a months-old thread just to insult me.

Piss off, asshole.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 27 2012, 11:32 PM)

Piss off, asshole.

laugh.gif

Whoops, I didn't even notice this thread was 2 months old.

doh.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 28 2012, 01:07 PM)
Geek fight!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entire bulletin board is one giant geek fight! laugh.gif

Piss off, asshole.

Was H&K in bad form for bumping a three month old thread just to call Daniel a "douche," as opposed to giving a constructive rebuttal? Yes, he was.

Was Daniel in bad form for missing the point of what launchpad was saying because he wanted to come off as a know-it-all, and then for calling H&K and "asshole" (twice)? Yes, he was.

Daniel, launchpad knows exactly what he's talking about. That's why he's a mod of the computer section. Give it a rest.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 28 2012, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 28 2012, 01:07 PM)
Geek fight!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entire bulletin board is one giant geek fight! laugh.gif

http://www.schoolhousedoor.com/images/map_po-bb.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 28 2012, 11:34 AM)

Piss off, asshole.

Was H&K in bad form for bumping a three month old thread just to call Daniel a "douche," as opposed to giving a constructive rebuttal? Yes, he was.

Was Daniel in bad form for missing the point of what launchpad was saying because he wanted to come off as a know-it-all, and then for calling H&K and "asshole" (twice)? Yes, he was.

Daniel, launchpad knows exactly what he's talking about. That's why he's a mod of the computer section. Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? This thread was done months ago. Do you really want to rile it up again? He called me a douche out of nowhere. I called him an asshole in return. I'm happy to end it there. Are you?

[edited to add - wait, I wanted to come off as a know-it-all?! WTF, man. Seriously? Yeah, that's the only goddamn reason for participating. You know me so well.]

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 02:15 PM)

Piss off, asshole.

Give what a rest? This thread was done months ago. Do you really want to rile it up again? He called me a douche out of nowhere. I called him an asshole in return...

Wow. Where do I start?

Do I "really want to rile it up again?" Now THAT'S comedy!

H&K riled it up again, then you continued it. You both personally attacked each other, so I put on my admin hat and said something to BOTH of you. That's how it works. Don't act like this is the first time you've seen an admin do this, daniel.

...He called me a douche out of nowhere. I called him an asshole in return. I'm happy to end it there. Are you?

So, YOU can return a personal attack with a personal attack, but one of the admin/owners of the board can't call you out for it? What bizarro alternate timeline are you living in, man?

[edited to add - wait, I wanted to come off as a know-it-all?! WTF, man. Seriously? Yeah, that's the only goddamn reason for participating. You know me so well.]

I don't claim to know "you." I only know the danielmclark that is represented here on this board, and that's who I'm talking to.

And yes, "seriously"....on this board, you do, at times, come off as a smug know-it-all. For instance, like, right now.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 28 2012, 12:53 PM)

Piss off, asshole.

Give what a rest? This thread was done months ago. Do you really want to rile it up again? He called me a douche out of nowhere. I called him an asshole in return...

Wow. Where do I start?

H&K riled it up again, then you continued it. You both personally attacked each other, so I put on my admin hat and said something to BOTH of you. That's how it works. Don't act like this is the first time you've seen an admin do this, daniel.

...He called me a douche out of nowhere. I called him an asshole in return. I'm happy to end it there. Are you?

So, YOU can return a personal attack with a personal attack, but one of the admin/owners of the board can't call you out for it? What bizarro alternate timeline are you living in, man?

I don't claim to know "you." I only know the danielmclark that is represented here on this board, and that's who I'm talking to.

And yes, "seriously"....on this board, you do, at times, come off as a smug know-it-all. For instance, like, right now.

He attacked, I defended. It should have ended there without a lecture. The riling up I referred to was you stepping into a situation with mod-guns blazing when you weren't needed. I was done here until you called me out. Even a simple "hey guys, cool it" would have sufficed without you taking another shot at me with the whole "wanted to come off as a know it all" comment and the crack about how I should give it a rest. I "gave it a rest" three months ago when this thread came to a peaceful conclusion.

You don't want to see it that way, fine - your board, your rules. Whatever.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 08:09 PM)

Piss off, asshole.

Wow. Where do I start?

He attacked, I defended. It should have ended there without a lecture. The riling up I referred to was you stepping into a situation with mod-guns blazing when you weren't needed. I was done here until you called me out. Even a simple "hey guys, cool it" would have sufficed without you taking another shot at me with the whole "wanted to come off as a know it all" comment and the crack about how I should give it a rest. I "gave it a rest" three months ago when this thread came to a peaceful conclusion.

This

You credibility is shot with that statement alone, but then you say that a 500GB drive is plenty as well?
I'm the snottiest douche on the planet but you outdid me there. The guy, Launchpad, offered some advice based on his opinion and you slapped him down without any reason or provocation. I think you are lucky this is a relatively quiet part of the forum because only H&K called you out for it, anywhere else and you would have been piled on. H&K was far more restrained than you deserved.

I bet Circumstantial Tree won't ask for more PC advice...

This thread was going very, very well for a time, and then launchpad jumped in with an opinion I strongly disagreed with. Did I overreact? Clearly. THAT'S NOT THE QUESTION AT HAND. After I made that comment, the thread continued on, CT got his answers, and everyone seemed satisfied to see it END. Only now, three months later, this is an issue? H&K calls me a douche out of the blue in a thread that ended peacefully and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? Yeah, I called him an asshole in response. He acted like it, I called him on it. If launchpad had called me out on that comment I made back in February, I could have respected that. Maybe I was having a bad day. Maybe I would have apologized for being overly snarky - or maybe not, who knows. Hearing about it now from people that weren't involved in the conversation? I couldn't care less what your opinion is, I'm sorry.

I will continue to respond and defend myself as long as you guys care to keep piling on. If you're willing to let it go, so am I... the way I did three months ago. The way I *tried* to two days ago.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 19 2012, 11:41 AM)
I found one on Dell.com yesterday that starts at a base price of $749.00, but it doens't include the monitor or the keyboard in the price, nor does it include the Microsoft Package of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, which I need all three of as well.

I think the model was an XPS 8300 model. There was another of this model that included a blue ray player, but I'm skipping that.

You should be able to find a pc on sale at some computer store like Best Buy or some place like that that will suit your needs for about $250 less than that. I see good systems on sale for less than $500 quite often and I live in Canada.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 28 2012, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 08:09 PM)

T

Piss off, asshole.

Wow. Where do I start?

This:

You credibility is shot with that statement alone, but then you say that a 500GB drive is plenty as well?
I'm the snottiest douche on the planet but you outdid me there. The guy, Launchpad, offered some advice based on his opinion and you slapped him down without any reason or provocation. I think you are lucky this is a relatively quiet part of the forum because only H&K called you out for it, anywhere else and you would have been piled on. H&K was far more restrained than you deserved.

I bet Circumstantial Tree won't ask for more PC advice...

Added colon for clarity.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 05:09 PM)
This thread was going very, very well for a time, and then launchpad jumped in with an opinion I strongly disagreed with. Did I overreact? Clearly. THAT'S NOT THE QUESTION AT HAND. After I made that comment, the thread continued on, CT got his answers, and everyone seemed satisfied to see it END. Only now, three months later, this is an issue? H&K calls me a douche out of the blue in a thread that ended peacefully and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? Yeah, I called him an asshole in response. He acted like it, I called him on it. If launchpad had called me out on that comment I made back in February, I could have respected that. Maybe I was having a bad day. Maybe I would have apologized for being overly snarky - or maybe not, who knows. Hearing about it now from people that weren't involved in the conversation? I couldn't care less what your opinion is, I'm sorry.

I will continue to respond and defend myself as long as you guys care to keep piling on. If you're willing to let it go, so am I... the way I did three months ago. The way I *tried* to two days ago.

you "strongly disagreeing" with a 4G over an 8G machine is funny. rofl3.gif

me calling you out for know-it-all-ness (and well, just plain old douchienss) does not make me an asshole, it makes you a douche. period.

you are such a silly goose! comp26.gif

please do not refer to me as H&K...show some respect to the german and english folk i was named after.

lips.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 29 2012, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 05:09 PM)

you "strongly disagreeing" with a 4G over an 8G machine is funny. rofl3.gif

me calling you out for know-it-all-ness (and well, just plain old douchienss) does not make me an asshole, it makes you a douche. period.

you are such a silly goose! comp26.gif

please do not refer to me as H&K...show some respect to the german and english folk i was named after.

lips.gif

H&K, you started all this by bumping a three month old thread just to attack someone. You could have called daniel out for his posting in this thread without resorting to personal insults.

Your contributions to this thread have been a big pile of crap, and it's not the first time you've made such contributions on this board. Daniel is done with this topic, now it's your turn.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 29 2012, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 29 2012, 10:56 AM)
ALRIGHT, that's enough.
CT has already bought the new computer.

Good point! laugh.gif

But I haven't had my chance to YELL about computers!