Sectors printing errors

Dylan2712

just noticed these errors, and i don't know if this had been brought up before?

on the Hemispheres disc in sector 2, there is a labeling error. it goes as:

1. Cygnus Book II: Hemispheres (and then the different movements)

3. Circumstances

4. The Trees

5. La Villa Strangiato

the number 2 was skipped.

also, in the vinyl replica gatefold of Signals, on the inside with the lyrics,it is missing the title for "Countdown".

are there any other errors that someone else has noticed? besides the sound issues, obviously.

Edited by Dylan2712

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jan 24 2012, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Jan 24 2012, 06:46 PM)
I have absolutely nothing wrong with my Sectors 1.2 and 3      2.gif

^ are you saying you just checked yours against Dylan's post?

No i am saying my 3 sets are perfect 2.gif

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Jan 25 2012, 12:46 AM)
The biggest error with the Sector remasters is that they are a loud, brickwalled mess. Louder even than the 97 remasters, which I didnt think was technically possible. Very very sad....

You need a new set of floppers 2.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jan 25 2012, 01:49 PM)
^
[* ...and now we wait for the 'I don't have a cellphone/digital camera/scanner/and even if I did I have no idea how to upload pics' post] smile.gif

What is your problem? .When i tell you they are perfect, they are perfect, oh and stop whining, i am sure the fellas took the time to go over every minute detail---well at least on mine they did!!!

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jan 25 2012, 02:51 PM)
^
[* ...and now we wait for the 'I don't have a cellphone/digital camera/scanner/and even if I did I have no idea how to upload pics' post] smile.gif

What is your problem? .When i tell you they are perfect, they are perfect, oh and stop whining, i am sure the fellas took the time to go over every minute detail---well at least on mine they did!!!

I don't agree with ghostie too often, but my copier doesn't usually make corrections once I hit "print" smile.gif

Not that it's a big deal, but just a curiosity.

So does anyone know if the glitches with the Sector sets have been cleared up? I have seen comments on Amazon.com as late as last week from reviewers stating that the problems were still existant on the sets they purchased. unsure.gif

I meant the numbers on the disc itself are incorrect;

http://s18.postimage.org/78648zzyx/photo_5.jpg

and i was just curious to see if there were any other errors that you guys may have encountered while looking over your boxsets? i just stumbled upon these while looking at them on Christmas and thought i'd share. smile.gif

Edited by Dylan2712

my Sector 1 set just came in today and something i noticed right away is that in the 2112 part of the booklet, there's a big empty space above the title and track listing. i wonder if the 2112 prelude ("i lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon...") was supposed to be printed there? the rest of the "story" is under the right movement titles, but this one is missing from the booklet.

this makes 1 error per sector, as well as 1 error per different medium; disc, disc sleeve, and booklet. funny how that works.

^

My guess is the band has hardly listened to or looked over anything. Al probably had some good listens to the 5.1 mixes, but outside of that I'd say he didn't have much more input. These releases were quickly put together in hopes of good holiday sells and nothing else. The sad thing is that these could have been really nice - better engineering (Steven Wilson), more detail on packaging, all releases in 5.1 etc...

Edited by grand phil-nale

My boyfriend's theory is that items like these are being mass-produced in China these days, and they aren't taking the time to be sure all the details are transferred intact (and in the workers' defense, they probably CAN'T take the time).

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Jan 25 2012, 12:46 AM)
The biggest error with the Sector remasters is that they are a loud, brickwalled mess. Louder even than the 97 remasters, which I didnt think was technically possible. Very very sad....

Everything is mastered that way anymore. All compressed with no breathing room.

^

I'm not whining, kid

pictures are worth a thousand posts, and these sets have been fraught with reports of printing errors and mixing anomalies since day one

I'm sure I'm not the ony one who'd like to see an error-free version trink39.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jan 28 2012, 11:11 PM)
^

I'm not whining, kid

pictures are worth a thousand posts, and these sets have been fraught with reports of printing errors and mixing anomalies since day one

I'm sure I'm not the ony one who'd like to see an error-free version trink39.gif

Sorry ghostie - I don't think we're going to get a resolution on this one smile.gif