Corsets

NobodysHeroine

Just out of curiosity, do any of the ladies here own or wear fashion/traditional corsets? I am considering getting my own in the future, most likely a waist-training corset and fashion corset; then, when I am ready and able, a real one. I'm a bit old-fashioned for a person living in my day and age. yes.gif

Corsets have beautiful designs, and they enhance the natural, gently curving hourglass shape of one's body. However, I am aware that they can also be uncomfortable and heavy. But, then again, there are pros and cons to everything. tongue.gif

I'd like some thoughts and advice on what would be best to do. tongue.gif

Well, i own one but i highly doubt it fits me anymore.

I tried another one on earlier on in the year and it just didn't suit me. I have an average build but i have broad shoulders and i looked terrible. (I feel uncomfortable wearing clothes that show off flesh as well, so that could just be me being self conscious.)

So i guess it's down to body size and the style of the corset i suppose.

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Dec 11 2011, 05:28 PM)
(I feel uncomfortable wearing clothes that show off flesh as well, so that could just be me being self conscious.)

I also feel uncomfortable wearing clothes that show off flesh. For me, it's a matter of modesty and self-respect. smile.gif

A corset is not something that I would wear in public, i.e. around other people. It's more something that would be worn around the house. tongue.gif

I have quite a few. I love them.

Just don't eat large meals while in them or you can get some nasty cramps. They are great for your posture and if you have back problems a corset is a very good thing because it holds you in place in propper posture.

I have corsets too. I love them! I remember watching a program once with Dita Von Teese and she gave a lot of pointers about wearing one regularly. I don't wear one that often but if that's what you're going for, might be worth finding her tips/suggestions.

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 11 2011, 11:43 PM)
I have corsets too. I love them! I remember watching a program once with Dita Von Teese and she gave a lot of pointers about wearing one regularly. I don't wear one that often but if that's what you're going for, might be worth finding her tips/suggestions.

Yes, the first person who comes to mind when I think of corsets is Dita. She's awesome. wub.gif

It would be benefitial to seek out her tips/suggestions. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 12 2011, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 11 2011, 11:43 PM)

Yes, the first person who comes to mind when I think of corsets is Dita. She's awesome. wub.gif

It would be benefitial to seek out her tips/suggestions. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

She has such a tiny waist. I think she also had a video on youtube about waist cynching (sp?) Meaning making your waist tinier through corset use. Which will actually give you the perfect hourglass figure.

Worth checking out.

GG they are uncomfortable at first especially if your posture isn't too great. But wearing them more often helps you to sit up straight and it gets less uncomfortable. That being said they aren't for everyone.

Yes, I suppose I can see that they could help with posture. Luckily my mom harped on me to stand up straight all my life so I do, plus I'm pretty much a typical full-figured hourglass shaped kinda gal. The thought of some tight, uncomfortable thing squeezing my middle makes me nauseous!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 12 2011, 09:10 PM)
Yes, I suppose I can see that they could help with posture. Luckily my mom harped on me to stand up straight all my life so I do, plus I'm pretty much a typical full-figured hourglass shaped kinda gal. The thought of some tight, uncomfortable thing squeezing my middle makes me nauseous!

Not to mention dizzy and faint...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 13 2011, 09:28 AM)
In Victorian times, the ladies were cinched so tight from having the laces pulled, that they regularly passed out.

No, we don't need that. It won't be that tight, obviously. I enjoy breathing, thank you. laugh.gif

Mine would be laced up just enough to, like Ya_Big_Tree said, influence my posture and help my back. tongue.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 13 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 13 2011, 09:28 AM)
In Victorian times, the ladies were cinched so tight from having the laces pulled, that they regularly passed out.

No, we don't need that. It won't be that tight, obviously. I enjoy breathing, thank you. laugh.gif

Mine would be laced up just enough to, like Ya_Big_Tree said, influence my posture and help my back. tongue.gif

Breathing's always a good idea..! biggrin.gif

I've recently got into wearing corsets, it feels so good to my back when i wear one...the thing is i can only wear them up to 2 hours because it starts to put strain on the lower curve of my back. But the feeling of having a nice straight spine and back; the girls getting alot of support which takes the strain off the middle upper back feels so nice...whenever ive had a hard day at work and my back hurts i do some stretches then put one of my corsets on...makes me feel so much better biggrin.gif Edited by rushbabe