Funny Observation I Just Thought Of

presto123

I just realized when I used to listen to Rush in the 80's(GUP, PoW, HYF) I was always thinking great keys but I wish the guitar were a little heavier. Now that Rush are maybe as heavy as they have ever been I think great guitar but I need more keys. Here's hoping CA has a nice mix. I love those keys in BU2B but for my money they could be brought up a little in the mix. Maybe BU2B will be one of the few songs that features keys?? Bring back those classic emotive guitar solos(SnA had a couple) and atmospheric keys and I will be a happy camper 1022.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Nov 21 2011, 12:24 AM)
I just realized when I used to listen to Rush in the 80's(GUP, PoW, HYF) I was always thinking great keys but I wish the guitar were a little heavier. Now that Rush are maybe as heavy as they have ever been I think great guitar but I need more keys. Here's hoping CA has a nice mix. I love those keys in BU2B but for my money they could be brought up a little in the mix. Maybe BU2B will be one of the few songs that features keys?? Bring back those classic emotive guitar solos(SnA had a couple) and atmospheric keys and I will be a happy camper 1022.gif

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Really hoping we see texture added with keys. Keyboards are good for that stuff. yes.gif

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 21 2011, 07:37 PM)
Where's the funny part confused13.gif

Not as funny as I thought I guess. I just thought it was kind of funny that I used to wish and wish for heavier guitar and now that the guitar is melt your face heavy I have to wish and wish for the keyboards back again. Move along....nothing to see here wink.gif

I want that bone jarring deep bass pedal sound enhancing the bottom end, keys that fill out the song and the meanest, heaviest guitar that Alex can summon from the depths of steampunk hell, mixed with some tasty and intricate Geddy bass lines and Neil tearing up the skins like his life depends on it. Then and only then will I be satisfied!

End of Line...

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Nov 21 2011, 08:06 PM)
I want that bone jarring deep bass pedal sound enhancing the bottom end, keys that fill out the song and the meanest, heaviest guitar that Alex can summon from the depths of steampunk hell, mixed with some tasty and intricate Geddy bass lines and Neil tearing up the skins like his life depends on it. Then and only then will I be satisfied!

End of Line...

Wow. Me too. Here's hoping CA has at least part of that. tongue.gif

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Nov 21 2011, 06:06 PM)

End of Line...

Works for me.... confused13.gif laugh.gif