Disappointed in TM DVD

orangefan244

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visually, I think it's the best of all the Rush DVDs.

It's so colorful and just a pleasure to watch. Especially Vital Signs and Faithless.

I usually mute it though tongue.gif

Actually, I think Geddy's voice sounds great in it - except for on "Summers going fast" (You know what I'm talking about.)

The way he sings on BU2B and Caravan is so cool - and different, even from Snakes and Arrows. The way he sings "Heaven's justice will prevail" on the TM DVD is so badass. So much attitude.

It's the old stuff that sometime's gets sketchy (and I'll admit, on occasion downright awful) but even so, he'll have miracle moments where it sounds exactly like the old days. (See "Run like the wind" on Red Barchetta of the R30 DVD - - - You can see Alex's holding back a smile when he hears Geddy hit that perfect note in his ear monitor.)

And one more thing. On the TM DVD, the line "Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal" during Far Cry, they really go all out with the "W" sound in "Whirlwind" It's much more powerful than on the record.

Okay, I'm done laugh.gif

I'm still pretty meh with this DVD. Sounds solid apart from Ged, though he really shines on certain songs. Visually, it looks nice but doesn't really capture the full feel of the show. I thought the S&A was much more visually appealing.