Lifeson Rants

Godot

My personal favorite is "Still No Guitar" which, admittedly, wasn't a PLANNED rant. . . but an amazing display of "Grace Under Pressure"! Al was soooooo pissed at his guitar tech. . . bolt.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 20 2011, 10:47 AM)
My personal favorite is "Still No Guitar" which, admittedly, wasn't a PLANNED rant. . . but an amazing display of "Grace Under Pressure"! Al was soooooo pissed at his guitar tech. . . bolt.gif

Definitely a classic!

Back when I saw them in 1984 (GUP), when I was sitting right up next to the stage in front of Alex (I don't think he saw me, though), he had a problem with one of his guitars. You could see that he wasn't a happy camper! Finally, he tore the guitar off and literally threw it at his tech. It flew about 6 or 7 feet and I thought that it was history. But the tech caught it in one hand, while tossing another to Alex. It was quite the feat, from both of them. But, being as this was in the olden days, I had no way to record it. eh.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 20 2011, 12:47 PM)

Thanks, this one is a gem, I think it just became my favorite.

Alex is absolutely brilliant

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 20 2011, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 20 2011, 10:47 AM)
My personal favorite is "Still No Guitar" which, admittedly, wasn't a PLANNED rant. . . but an amazing display of "Grace Under Pressure"! Al was soooooo pissed at his guitar tech. . .  bolt.gif

Definitely a classic!

Back when I saw them in 1984 (GUP), when I was sitting right up next to the stage in front of Alex (I don't think he saw me, though), he had a problem with one of his guitars. You could see that he wasn't a happy camper! Finally, he tore the guitar off and literally threw it at his tech. It flew about 6 or 7 feet and I thought that it was history. But the tech caught it in one hand, while tossing another to Alex. It was quite the feat, from both of them. But, being as this was in the olden days, I had no way to record it. eh.gif

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 20 2011, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 20 2011, 12:47 PM)
My personal favorite is "Still No Guitar" which, admittedly, wasn't a PLANNED rant. . . but an amazing display of "Grace Under Pressure"! Al was soooooo pissed at his guitar tech. . .  bolt.gif

Thanks, this one is a gem, I think it just became my favorite.

Alex is absolutely brilliant

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Nov 22 2011, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (Katana2112 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:06 PM)
Ha,ha,ha...meat bees... laugh.gif

for real.....

Is it weird that I find that rant only after realizing that meat bees exist?

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 16 2011, 03:21 PM)
Your personal favorite?

Mine is the Paris Hilton rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcRCFHVxNDs

As I saw that rant in person, I have to go with that one..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif