Hell On Wheels

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Agreed. This season started out a bit slow, but now it's definitely picking up. I'm shocked (well, not really) by what the Swede is up to... and I'm trying to figure out what he's planning. Bohannon's new unlikely ally is quite an interesting turn as well. It's kind of funny to see Durant kind of in the Swede's role from last year- plotting and scheming, and sabotaging progress in small ways at every turn- but at the same time, I'm not entirely convinced that Durant is behind all of it, especially the cattle rustlers from a few episodes back...

It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I'm surprised Swede is still alive (as you might guess from my last post from the previous season). That dude is creep!!! It was pretty obvious he was gonna do what he did, so there was no surprise there. I think he plans on going to Salt Lake City to try to pass himself off as the Bishop there. The kid mentioned that his father was going to be the most powerful man there when they arrived and I think Swede is going to assume that roll.

I hope they have some kind of flashback or explanation of how he is still alive....like he was adopted and nursed back to health by a pack of wolves or something.

STILL waiting for a "why/how" Swede is still alive...season is almost over!

I'd like to know too as I thought for sure he was dead...I'll bet he was found by the Mormon family he killed and they nursed him back to health...and then he goes and kills 'em!!!!

That finale was bizarre. Definitely a cliffhanger, which leaves me with high hopes for season 4.

*Big spoilers ahead.*

Ezra will end up exposing the Swede somehow, which will also nullify Cullen and Naomi's marriage once it's shown that the Swede is not really a Bishop.

The Swede almost certainly sees this situation as an opportunity to strip Bohannon of his love and his child again. He doesn't want to see Bohannon hang, he wants to watch him suffer over and over again. It's interesting that Ruth and Ezra had kind of become Bohannon's surrogate wife and son back at Hell on Wheels, while now he's been imposed with a real wife and son at the Mormon fort. The Swede will not stop until he takes it all, or until he meets his match.

I don't think Elam is dead. I did accept that Lily was dead after season 2, but this is different. Elam's trek in the finale was pointless. He went out to find cullen, shot some Indians, then got mauled by a bear. There was no reason for that all to happen. There was no reason to have him die alone after those events. When he shot those Indians, he had that icy stare-down with the one Indian that retreated, there was some purpose for that. I think that remaining Indian will find Elam alongside the dead bear, and take him prisoner.

The railroad belongs to Durant again, but he's met his match in his new business partner Maggie Palmer. U.S. Grant seems to be more fond of Bohannon than Durant as well.

I expect Grant to lead a charge on the Mormon fort if they ever find out that Bohannon is there. I hope that pig-faced bluecoat finds the end of a sharp knife in the process.

Mayor Mickey McGinnes is rapidly becoming one of the creepiest characters in the show. Transformed from the seemingly naive, kind, and loyal first friend of Bohannon in season 1 to villain of the worst variety rather quickly. I'm sad that Sean is gone, and I assumed from square one that Mickey was responsible for whatever happened in Boston.

Lots to wrap up in Season 4. At least it looks like AMC is happy with Hell on Wheels' performance on Saturday Nights, so it should be renewed.

No way Elam is dead.

If I were Cullen...I think I would stay with the 18 yr old hottie. Hell, she's hot...they have good shelter...roast pig for dinner...fresh veggies. What more could you want??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/eyebrows.gif

Yeah...Elam isn't dead. I agree with KenJennings in that I think he is going to be found by the Indians but I'm not sure what will happen from there...possibly prisoner, possibly revered for bravery. I mean he killed 3 Indians in head to head combat and then killed a GIANT grizzly...WITH A KNIFE!!!! ...who knows. Maybe he'll get picked up by the Mormons and nursed back to health or remain in a coma and when he wakes he tells on Swede.

What I didn't like is that Durant said Bohannon was taken and is being held by the Mormons. You've US Grant there, call in the cavalry. That Grant did nothing is just bad writing. Grant loved Bohannon.

I like Mickey and that he's becoming what he is. He might be dealing in dirty deeds, but they are LEGAL dirty deeds in HOW...But he's a puppet of Durant...don't like that.

Yeah Swede's a POS and he'll get his as soon as Ezra or Elam show up to reveal the truth, and of course the marriage isn't valid.

• Like 1

Season four has started off extremely well. I really think the show is hitting a solid stride after (sort of) stumbling last season.

It amazes me that among all the adversaries that Hell on Wheels has encountered, it's now the U.S. Federal Government itself that is the most ominous.

I'm also really enjoying the transformation of Thomas Durant. He started as an a-moral, self-obsessed, heartless tyrant; and has softened -through shared adversity- into a real member of the community with a heart.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

My wife and I are starting season four tonight. They working on season five yet?

Season Five is going to be filmed this spring and will be released in two parts... one in the summer of 2015, then one in the summer of 2016. Then that will be it for Hell on Wheels.

My wife and I are starting season four tonight. They working on season five yet?

Season Five is going to be filmed this spring and will be released in two parts... one in the summer of 2015, then one in the summer of 2016. Then that will be it for Hell on Wheels.

AMC really likes dividing its shows. It worked with Breaking Bad, it will likely work with Hell on Wheels, but Mad Men just makes me stop caring