Tell us about yourself!

The Notorious B.S.G.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like long walks on the beach and dancing. I like jazz music and port wine, going to Broadway shows and singing show tunes in the shower.

I pretty much like anything out of the ordinary.

"Zing, zing, zing, goes my heart strings..." - Judy Garland

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 2 2004, 09:25 AM)
I would like to go back to sleep, or for my coffee to finally kick in.

Oh I hear ya!!! I've had no sleep. Up all night on a response call. And I'm supposed to run 3 meetings today. Oh that ought to go well. I can't see straight. The only thing coffee has done so far is make me feel sick.

schla03.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 2 2004, 09:37 AM)
Paganoman go 062802puke_prv.gif

Poor baby. laugh.gif

Well that's not helping. Thanks. laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I've been in that situation actually, having to pull allnighters to get some work done, then the next day feel sick on my stomach from having stayed up. Then I have to deal with this all day long at work.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 2 2004, 09:40 AM)
I've been in that situation actually, having to pull allnighters to get some work done, then the next day feel sick on my stomach from having stayed up. Then I have to deal with this all day long at work.

Yep no stranger to those, either. My longest run at the office was just under 32 hours. Ah - that was fun. I actually watched a pencil (that wasn't moving) start to roll across the desk. Sleep deprivation is such a free hallucinogenic. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 2 2004, 09:46 AM)
k, that just sounds freaky. What is it you do exactly Pag?

One of my earlier positions was with a group that bid for new contracts with international customers. I would do financial business cases, and itemized pricing right down to the part level with duties, taxes, and incoterms. It was crazy. I mean crazy. They would throw us on planes to Asia on a week's notice, and we'd work unbelievable hours to make the deadline to the customer. We'd do on average 3 to 4 all nighters in a row to get everything done. A few times we just did two full days without leaving the office. Then within a few hours of getting everything out the door, we'd be back on 17 hour flights to the US. So, there was little time to catch up on sleep until the plane took off. OH.. and cap it all off with 3 days of jet lag. laugh.gif

Glad those days are over.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 2 2004, 10:02 AM)
I'm sure Pman misses it though. He just won't admit it, that's all. no.gif

I actually didn't mind the flights, and the hotels were 5 star. My jaw would drop when I'd walk into some of these places. I miss seeing far away lands I would never imagine going to. But I do NOT miss the work and the long hours and the horrible depression I'd fall into from the stress, lack of sleep, and being half a world away from my wife and little girls. We'd be gone for about 2 to 3 weeks at a time. The first week would be fun, but then things would get rough.

Last night was just a fire call - not job related. I'll deal with it. wink.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 2 2004, 10:09 AM)

I actually didn't mind the flights, and the hotels were 5 star. My jaw would drop when I'd walk into some of these places. I miss seeing far away lands I would never imagine going to. But I do NOT miss the work and the long hours and the horrible depression I'd fall into from the stress, lack of sleep, and being half a world away from my wife and little girls. We'd be gone for about 2 to 3 weeks at a time. The first week would be fun, but then things would get rough.

right now, I'm enjoying a hot cup of coffee.

I tell ya, though. I sure wish I had a job. (Not pointing at your complaining of long nights and weeks, Pman). I get so bored at home and not many agencies are biting. Life just seems to always throw me twists and turns. It takes longer to do just about anything than it needs to be.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 2 2004, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 2 2004, 10:09 AM)

right now, I'm enjoying a hot cup of coffee.

I tell ya, though. I sure wish I had a job. (Not pointing at your complaining of long nights and weeks, Pman). I get so bored at home and not many agencies are biting. Life just seems to always throw me twists and turns. It takes longer to do just about anything than it needs to be.

yeah waiting on that has to eat away at you. It will work out. yes.gif

Archived