Anyone get TM blu ray early??

reani14

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 7 2011, 08:03 PM)
Someone uploaded Marathon from the DVD/CD to youtube. I hope this is not the actual product, it's like they neutered the balls that you normally expect from a live concert. No bass, far too clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8mcWoezB48

Here's presto as well from the same user, the very same song so many praised it for having balls it never did in the studio recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuk_MGxwKIY

It seems to have the kick it had in concert. I really hope that this is either fake or the youtube audio is preventing me from hearing the proper sound, otherwise I'm going to download a good bootleg, shove that on my MP3 player and call it TM Tour live in substitute for the official release if this is the case.

Do not use YouTube to judge audio quality. Wait till you get a copy of it in your house where you have a frame of reference based on other good concert vids you own.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 7 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 7 2011, 08:03 PM)
Someone uploaded Marathon from the DVD/CD to youtube. I hope this is not the actual product, it's like they neutered the balls that you normally expect from a live concert. No bass, far too clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8mcWoezB48

Here's presto as well from the same user, the very same song so many praised it for having balls it never did in the studio recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuk_MGxwKIY

It seems to have the kick it had in concert. I really hope that this is either fake or the youtube audio is preventing me from hearing the proper sound, otherwise I'm going to download a good bootleg, shove that on my MP3 player and call it TM Tour live in substitute for the official release if this is the case.

Do not use YouTube to judge audio quality. Wait till you get a copy of it in your house where you have a frame of reference based on other good concert vids you own.

The only other music recordings over here that are in video format here are the Rush in Rio DVD, which I am told is a terrible recording, despite my personal opinion to the contrary and the ZZ Top Greatest Hits VHS tape, which is just a compilation of music videos in typical EP VHS format. I'll just use the question of "Do I like how it sounds?" as how I judge the video/audio. tongue.gif

Anyways, back on topic (sort of), amazon.ca looks like they'll be shipping tomorrow. I guess I'll be placing my order with them.

QUOTE (Sin City @ Nov 7 2011, 10:59 PM)
A few points. First off, while the film captures the concert well enough, the picture quality is variable. Some shots are crisp with plenty of detail. Some aren't  and these seem camera dependent- especially the one on Geddy from his right.
When the lights go down the black is very grainy in comparison to R 30 and snakes and the overall picture quality isn't as sharp as either of those concert films.
My biggest gripe is the audio. Alex's guitar, the keyboards and drums are fine. The kick drum has no prescence and Geds bass, particularly the mid range stuff just disappears at times.

Yeah, I watched the first set last night and the picture quality is exactly as you say. It does mainly seem to be particular camera angles of Geddy that are the problem, and some distance shots. It's almost like those angles were not shot in HD, and have been upscaled for the blu-ray (not saying that's what happened, it just looks that way). I thought the sound was pretty good, but I'm not able to have a subwoofer or the bass too loud in my place, so can't really comment on that.

One thing that was really bothering me is that, on certain brief shots, the sound seems to be out of sync with the visuals. I noticed this occasionally on some of the overhead views of Neil, and one particular instance where Geddy yelps at the start of Leave That Thing Alone, where his mouth seemed to move after the sound of his voice confused13.gif

Great performance, though, from what I've watched so far.

this blows.. in this day and age these dvds/blu ray concerts should be perfect.. dont they look at these after the film it.. oh well, i thought it looked great on comcast. shame its not the whole show. i would just watch that dvd-r if this blu ray is that bad..

Hi, i'm from Brazil and would like to know if there is any type of subtitles in the Blu-ray edition.

Please, anyone that already have this piece on your hands could confirm this ?

I bought my one from Rushbackstage but will take a few days to arrive to me.

Thanks !

I have numerous live dvd's and blu-rays of rush and other bands. Their 5.1 mixes are fine- this should be the bollocks on HD DTS master audio. Instead it's just bollocks. I know Chycki comes in for a lot of stick, but it does seem like he doesn't understand how to get the best out of the medium.

Porcupine Tree live at Tilburg in 5.1 HD DTS is absolutely superb and how 5.1 should and can be done.

DTS-HD sound is quiet good, for the first hour i have watched i have no complaints. Picture is great in BLu-Ray. Is that me, but i have the impression that BU2B was played heavier in this show? confused13.gif