The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/c6f87ba82bc2a2187743c2e7ad035fc3/11895%20-%20Earthbound%20Mother_2%20artist%3Aturbojuk%20fluttershy%20mr._saturn.png

^^^^^^^

Dat crossover

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Dec 2 2011, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 2 2011, 06:25 PM)
I haven't watched the actual show itself

I envy you for the joy you are going to experience when you finally do... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I hope you really meant that, because I've finally watched it, and by the end of the first episode...I was like "Hmmm...uhhhh...you know what? I actually like this and I've got nothing to be ashamed of. biggrin.gif" Does this make me an honorary brony now? tongue.gif

With school work and everything else though, I got a lot to catch up on I guess...hahahaha.

• Like 1

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 7 2011, 09:32 PM)

I envy you for the joy you are going to experience when you finally do... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I hope you really meant that, because I've finally watched it, and by the end of the first episode...I was like "Hmmm...uhhhh...you know what? I actually like this and I've got nothing to be ashamed of. biggrin.gif" Does this make me an honorary brony now? tongue.gif

With school work and everything else though, I got a lot to catch up on I guess...hahahaha.

Wow, it's like some weird cult or something. I think we done lost another one! Farewell, PolarizeMe. sad.gif

*Off to see if there's a hockey game on...hopefully the teams won't be wearing pink jerseys*

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2011, 10:07 PM)

tongue.gif

Wow, it's like some weird cult or something. I think we done lost another one! Farewell, PolarizeMe. sad.gif

*Off to see if there's a hockey game on...hopefully the teams won't be wearing pink jerseys*

tongue.gif

Tsk tsk tsk, it's just a fanhood.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2011, 09:07 PM)

tongue.gif

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-they-will-defeat-you-will-a-gentle-hoof-of-friendship.jpg

tongue.gif

LOL!!

Hm, is RUSH not frequently known as "The world's most popular cult band"?

And what are you doing lurking around this thread?

I confess I'm a little surprised. wink.gif

It's a fad... and it'll fade eventually.

Bronies are not the Trekkies of the animation world.

that takes TRUE devotion

tongue.gif

It's something for you to decide yourself. I mean, for me at first I was like "This isn't half bad," and I casually watched more episodes and slowly grew into it. You could also say "You know, it was alright but it wasn't anything special."

It's all about preference

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 7 2011, 11:11 PM)

tongue.gif

It's something for you to decide yourself. I mean, for me at first I was like "This isn't half bad," and I casually watched more episodes and slowly grew into it. You could also say "You know, it was alright but it wasn't anything special."

It's all about preference

I started out knowing the show because of all the memes that kept popping up under my internet. And then came the YouTube videos friends would send me such as "Patrick Star Hates My Little Pony" and "Cupcakes [Russian version]". I knew at some point my curiosity for the show would lead me to finally watching it so I looked up the whole history of the Brony phenomenon before watching episode 1 and honestly I didn't take sides with either argument because I wanted to find out myself if I like it or not.

I watched the show thinking that if the first two episodes didn't really sparked my interest then I know that I won't like it in the long run. Episode 1 I liked but wanted to see Episode 2 to see how it ends and when I did I liked it more than the first one. I then had a denial phase that lasted me about an hour or two but then I accepted it after thinking about how it isn't different than being a Rush or Porcupine Tree fan. I then watched up to Episode 5 which is where I am now.

From what I saw so far, I like it because of it reminded me so much of the cartoons I watched growing up. Lauren Faust got it right the first time like most of the other shows she worked on. Plus I like thea animation (I'm a sucker for Flash animation) and the characters have life in them. I just need a little more time to watch some more episodes, but based on my preferences, the show's growing on me at a healthy pace. It won't be long before I can call myself a fan. So far my favorite pony is Rainbow Dash but isn't that mostly everyone's favorite?

• Like 1

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 8 2011, 04:04 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=aeQ3tf2_Yvg

Analog kid :DDD

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Awesome song choice!

Funny thing, I was listening to The Analog Kid a few minutes ago prior to watching this. Are you the one who made this video, the Dreamline and the Sentimental PMVs? Cause I thought those were great especially the Sentimental one, cause that one matched up the best with the drum beats IMO.

• Like 1

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 8 2011, 04:22 PM)

Funny thing, I was listening to The Analog Kid a few minutes ago prior to watching this. Are you the one who made this video, the Dreamline and the Sentimental PMVs? Cause I thought those were great especially the Sentimental one, cause that one matched up the best with the drum beats IMO.

No, but I love whoever does ^.^

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 8 2011, 04:27 PM)

That person should do Lazarus or Time Stand Still next...maybe War Paint? yes.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 8 2011, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 8 2011, 04:27 PM)

That person should do Lazarus or Time Stand Still next...maybe War Paint? yes.gif

I could see them doing TSS

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Dec 8 2011, 06:35 PM)
We stuck up a few posters around the college today for our Brony club!
Collage of some pics here

Not very clear, but they're so cool! We watched people from the top floor look at our posters and watched their reactions. Hilarious!

Awesome biggrin.gif We're not allowed to put up posters really, but we still stick them up on lockers (most get ripped down)

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Dec 10 2011, 06:30 PM)
It was amazing! biggrin.gif I thought it was a lot better than last weeks.
I loved Pinkie Pie's parts in the episode. Rarity was amazing too.

What's with all of the hate I've been seeing on last week's?

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 10 2011, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Dec 10 2011, 06:30 PM)
It was amazing!  biggrin.gif I thought it was a lot better than last weeks.
I loved Pinkie Pie's parts in the episode. Rarity was amazing too.

What's with all of the hate I've been seeing on last week's?

It was alright, just not the best episode i guess. sad.gif