Dear Parents...

Lost In Xanadu

on behalf of widowed mothers of little boys everywhere,

THANK YOU, LIX for voluteering to Coach. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

your dedication is not lost on everyone, and i'm sorry to hear about the bad apples. eh.gif

my oldest son was 8 years old and my younger son was just 2 when my husband died.

they are 18 and 12 now, and i am soooo grateful to the men like you in my community...teachers, coaches and men at church. yes.gif

nobody can replace a "Daddy", and it is sooo critical that there are stand-up men in their young lives to help provide positive influence and encouragement.

not to put it all on your shoulders, but some of those kids are coming from less-than-ideal situations. and your contribution is INVALUABLE! 1287.gif

not even so much on the playing field, but on the sidelines and in the locker room. You just might be the only dependable man some of those kids know, ya know?

and they so totally need that at that age. cheer.gif

anyway, thank you! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif wub.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Sep 23 2011, 11:25 PM)
on behalf of widowed mothers of little boys everywhere,
THANK YOU, LIX for voluteering to Coach. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

your dedication is not lost on everyone, and i'm sorry to hear about the bad apples. eh.gif

my oldest son was 8 years old and my younger son was just 2 when my husband died.
they are 18 and 12 now, and i am soooo grateful to the men like you in my community...teachers, coaches and men at church. yes.gif
nobody can replace a "Daddy", and it is sooo critical that there are stand-up men in their young lives to help provide positive influence and encouragement.

not to put it all on your shoulders, but some of those kids are coming from less-than-ideal situations. and your contribution is INVALUABLE! 1287.gif
not even so much on the playing field, but on the sidelines and in the locker room. You just might be the only dependable man some of those kids know, ya know?
and they so totally need that at that age. cheer.gif

anyway, thank you! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif wub.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

Thanks, and I know it's been 10 years, but I'm sorry for your loss. I know a lot of the kids not only become better football players, but also better students after being with us for a few months. There are quite a few kids that I've coached that come and hang out with us after their HS practices are done, and that makes having to deal with a few self centered/misguided parents worth it. One kid in particular went thru his parents getting divorced a couple years ago and he wanted a picture of me to put up in his room because his dad was never around after the divorce. Good kid, plays with Diabetes. Like I said, stuff like that makes it worth it.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 22 2011, 06:51 AM)
Here is the bottom line. In general people are self centered assholes, so add the fact you're dealing with there precious little brats and they feel entitled to be even bigger self centered assholes.
People love to complain about anything that bothers them in the slightest fashion instead of appreciating the hard self sacrificing work you put into their little brats.
Its disgusting. Working at Lowe's I want to knock peoples teeth out on a daily basis because people are assholes and help no patience for any slight inconvenience. Screw all of them. atickhum.gif

Sounds like you could use a break . Let's go have a Beer, "And Build Something Together"

I've been doing full contact for the past 9 years, and I know what you feel when parent's are pushing it down your throat to play there kid. If they had any common sense, and saw that you played to win (cannot confirm that), but to also try to play as many kids as you can, they should appreciate you trying to get everyone in, and not you focusing on their "Little Billy". Those kinds of parents I find to be inconsiderate D-Bags.

You should probably use this in a letter to the one that annoys you the most, it'd be funny. smile.gif