ALICE COOPER: "Welcome 2 My Nightmare"

RUSHHEAD666

I see many of you are getting off on the new Wet Dream Theater today.

I will be listening to that album tonight, however when I was at Best Buy today I also came across the new Alice Cooper, "Welcome 2 My Nightmare."

The Best Buy version contains four live bonus tracks! Only 9.99!

Anyway this record is all over the place. Cooper has taken pieces of every musical genre on the planet and infused into one strange sequel.

Some of you will love this record, some will hate it.

So far I'm in the middle. It's not bad, but it's not great. There is a disco song on this record entitled "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever." Strange intro.

Alice Cooper is a Legend, but is he washed up?

I'm on the fence but I probably will not see his next tour.

I've been a big Cooper fan for a lot of years now and this album is a major letdown. The last album from him I enjoyed was Dragontown. The last four albums have had some good songs but overall they aren't good albums.

There are a few bright spots on the new one. I Am Made Of You, Caffine, The Congrigation, I'll Bite Your Face Off and When Hell Comes Home are good but other than that the album is just an absolute mess musically.

I know Cooper has always done a variety of musical styles but at least they've always made sense and flowed well like on Welcome To My Nightmare and Alice Cooper Goes To Hell. With this album it just doesn't and more importantly the story here has nothing to do with the one in the first Nightmare.

Quite frankly it's an insult to the first Nightmare to have this new album share a name and be associated with it on any way.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 13 2011, 06:22 PM)
I've been a big Cooper fan for a lot of years now and this album is a major letdown. The last album from him I enjoyed was Dragontown. The last four albums have had some good songs but overall they aren't good albums.

There are a few bright spots on the new one. I Am Made Of You, Caffine, The Congrigation, I'll Bite Your Face Off and When Hell Comes Home are good but other than that the album is just an absolute mess musically.

I know Cooper has always done a variety of musical styles but at least they've always made sense and flowed well like on Welcome To My Nightmare and Alice Cooper Goes To Hell. With this album it just doesn't and more importantly the story here has nothing to do with the one in the first Nightmare.

Quite frankly it's an insult to the first Nightmare to have this new album share a name and be associated with it on any way.

Well stated. I totally agree. The album has absolutely no musical flow to it at all.

It's an ok album but yeah, it's a mess. Is that what Alice intended to do?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 08:24 PM)

Well stated. I totally agree. The album has absolutely no musical flow to it at all.

confused13.gif

I think it was his intention to make it diverse musically but it just didn't work out. Maybe dementia is finally setting in on Alice at his old age now laugh.gif

You should still go see Cooper live though. I saw him last month and he still brings it as good as anyone on the stage even though his recent studio efforts are disappointing. His sets are mainly made up of classic material so at most you might get three songs off the new album. That's no reason to skip one of the best live acts of all time.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 13 2011, 06:29 PM)

confused13.gif

I think it was his intention to make it diverse musically but it just didn't work out. Maybe dementia is finally setting in on Alice at his old age now laugh.gif

You should still go see Cooper live though. I saw him last month and he still brings it as good as anyone on the stage even though his recent studio efforts are disappointing. His sets are mainly made up of classic material so at most you might get three songs off the new album. That's no reason to skip one of the best live acts of all time.

Hahaha! You might be right about Alice's brain!!!

Again I have to agree with you about his live performances.

I saw Alice a few years ago and it was first time seeing him.

It was Queensryche, Alice Cooper, and Heaven & Hell.

Alice Cooper blew them ALL AWAY!!!!

Maybe I will go again! Thanks!

trink39.gif

confused13.gif

Oh and why the hell is KE$HA on the album? Is he trying to bring in a modern sound to his record to sell units?

Well, that name went thru the cobwebs of my mind,

and it was an instant flashback!!! laugh.gif wacko.gif

...I mean..who can forget "Schools out for summer" ????

..That was an absolute anthem,back in the day,when I was

in High school...and I emphasize the word HIGH, very strongly! cool10.gif

Thanks for the word,man..might just have to pick that cd up.

yes.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 08:56 PM)

confused13.gif

Oh and why the hell is KE$HA on the album? Is he trying to bring in a modern sound to his record to sell units?

I'm not sure but I think the less said about Kesha's involvement the better wink.gif

Most people don't buy albums like they used to so if it was an idea to sell more albums than it was a bad one and shows that Cooper and his management are out of touch with what the music buisness is today.

I also saw Cooper on the tour with Qeensryche and Heaven & Hell. He was the best act of the night no doubt about it.

Seeing him on his own is a real treat. He always plays the big hits to please everyone but he also plays a handful of songs just for the diehards. When I saw him last month he played The Black Widow, Brutal Planet, Wicked Young Man, Halo Of Flies, Clones (We're All) and Muscle Of Love in addition to all the big songs everybody knows. So he doesn't ignore the depth of his catalog live like a lot of bands tend to do.

He also played Hey Stoopid on this summers tour for the first time in forever new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:04 PM)
Wet Dream Theater

Brilliant!

Why thank you sir. How's life?

trink39.gif

I'm hangin' in there! Thanks for asking. Glad to see you still "here."

On a related note: AC was the first show I ever saw at the Pavilion in 1980 with Y&T opening. Flush the Fashion tour. Davey Johnstone from Elton John's band was the guitarist. Saw Alice again a couple years back between Queensryche and Heaven and Hell. Eric Singer is his drummer when KISS is off. Still a great show!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 13 2011, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:04 PM)
Wet Dream Theater

Brilliant!

Why thank you sir. How's life?

trink39.gif

I'm hangin' in there! Thanks for asking. Glad to see you still "here."

On a related note: AC was the first show I ever saw at the Pavilion in 1980 with Y&T opening. Flush the Fashion tour. Davey Johnstone from Elton John's band was the guitarist. Saw Alice again a couple years back between Queensryche and Heaven and Hell. Eric Singer is his drummer when KISS is off. Still a great show!

Thank you my friend! Glad to still be "here" too.

God only knows how long I will last.

This Rush Board is turning into Wet Dream Theater Central.

I can't believe you saw that awesome show with Y&T opening!!

That means you saw the Y&T "EARTHSHAKER" TOUR!! I am so fukking jealous!!

Wow and I love Davey too!! Incredible guitarist! I never knew he was in AC buddy!!

I am sure we will meet again at future shows.

"Carry On My Wayward Son!"

Earl

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 14 2011, 01:28 AM)
You are a beautiful human being my friend!

To quote the movie title that has Rush in it, "I LOVE YOU MAN!"

Seriously, your kind words have given me some peace of mind tonight.

I'm glad you understand where I am coming from.

Cheers!

Earl

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I love the original band!!!! Some of the best albums of the era!!!!

LOVE THEM!

After they left, meh.

Nightmare was pretty good, but nothing compared to gems like...

Love It To Death, Killers, Schools Out, and, Billion Dollar Babies

Those were perfect albums in my humble opinion

Now if you will excuse me, I need to listen to the new Dream Theater album. bolt.gif

He still brings it live, but this album sucks. That auto-tune intro immediately put me off. A few good songs, but there's a lot of cheesy shit going on. The Kesha song is as bad as expected.

Doesn't hold a candle to the first album. Should've called it something else.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 15 2011, 02:32 AM)

nothing Alice does can ever compare to the genius of the original group,
Killer and Billion Dollar Babies will always be the best ones! 1022.gif

1022.gif atickhum.gif

Also, Love It To Death!

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 15 2011, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 15 2011, 02:32 AM)

nothing Alice does can ever compare to the genius of the original group,
Killer and Billion Dollar Babies will always be the best ones! 1022.gif

1022.gif atickhum.gif

Also, Love It To Death!

Ballad of Dwight Fry alone makes that album a masterpiece. Hell, all the original AC Group albums are masterpieces to me- even the underrated Muscle of Love. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Sep 21 2011, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 14 2011, 07:18 AM)
I love the original band!!!! Some of the best albums of the era!!!!
LOVE THEM!
After they left, meh.

yes.gif

Alice should record with those guys again and call it ReCooperated

Brilliant!