TRF works better than CP on my cell phone

Draco

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 12 2011, 01:03 PM)
And we have done nothing to make this site more mobile-friendly. It's just how we roll. cool.gif

Seriously, why do you think that is? Both are Invision boards, and CP's version is a lot more recent.

My problem was that when I went to reply to a post, the keyboard on my phone would not come up, no matter how many times I refreshed the screen, tapped on the reply box area, etc.

Knowing the admin of CP like I do, it was probably the skin I was using. If I had switched to the IPB mobile skin, it would have worked just fine.

I do a lot of skin customization's when I put a new one up. I know I screwed up the code somewhere when I did the skins for 3.1.4, especially the search .css. So I'm sure is was a screwed up code. For IPB 3.2, I am rebuilding the skins (again) on a test board, then when all the skins are done, I'm upgrading. This is just one thing to add to the list when I test everything out.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 12 2011, 07:09 PM)
Both work equally well on both iPhone and iPad. I hate mobile versions of sites.

Knowing the Admin at CP like I do, I beg him not to perform an upgrade... tongue.gif

re: iPad

using the default IP Board skin disables ALL posting abilities - keyboard will not enable whatsoever

also - when viewing 'new content', all topics and last posts must be double-clicked to launch

IP Board Mobile works better, but has its own quirks, as well

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 12 2011, 05:09 PM)
Both work equally well on both iPhone and iPad. I hate mobile versions of sites.

Knowing the Admin at CP like I do, I beg him not to perform an upgrade... tongue.gif

CP updates are like farts. They're inevitable, and they stink.

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 13 2011, 05:37 AM)
All the more reason to avoid CP...

Well, the upgrades for me are a necessity. IPB doesn't offer support for any of their board software past the most recent, stable release. So I upgrade to be able to keep the IPB support option open if I should need it.