An Earthquake hits the East Coast!

Pags

QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 24 2011, 09:06 AM)
A variation:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8762/30480723367635484791531.jpg

I prefer this one to the "Never Forget" Sorry guys, I get the funny, but its not funny to me. There is only one image those two words conjure for me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it's getting a bit pathetic. It wasn't much of an earthquake. Very little damage. Let's not all get hyper over it. So your book shelf swayed, big deal.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 24 2011, 11:17 AM)
At this point, it's getting a bit pathetic. It wasn't much of an earthquake. Very little damage. Let's not all get hyper over it. So your book shelf swayed, big deal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/24b6zk4_thjpg.gif

I think that the sentiment these pictures are capturing.

I'm in Charleston, WV, and barely noticed anything. If I hadn't been looking right at my glass of iced tea and saw that it was moving very, very slightly, I'd never known we had an earthquake. None of my pets acted funny either--my cat was asleep on my lap and never woke up.

In central SC, I was at work and my chair and desk just started rocking back and forth for about 30 seconds. I thought it was just me at first, and then a coworker came by a few minutes and asked if I had felt the earthquake.

http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/2011-va-earthquake-we-will-rebuild-east-coast-damage.jpg

I can only imagine how much California is laughing at us.

Shake Rattle and Roll Baby...

"Seismologists have determined that the earthquake in Washington, DC was not caused by a fault line, but by our Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves."

Signed Born and Raised in Quakeifornia... rofl3.gif

President Obama has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".

Obama also announced that the Secret Service and Maxine Waters continue an investigation of the quake's suspicious ties to the Tea Party.

Conservatives however, have proven that it was caused by the founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

The east coast earthquake apparently was caused by an unknown fault line running under D.C. and through Virginia. It is now being called Obama's Fault, though Obama will say it's really Bush's Fault. Other theories are that it was the founding fathers rolling over in their graves or that what we all believed to be an earthquake was actually the effects of a 14.6 trillion dollar check bouncing in Washington.