My band playing YYZ and Lakeside Park

LerxstLuthier

Hi everybody!

I'm pretty new here...this is my way of introduction. My Name is Freddy Gabrsek, I'm a luthier and I have done a lot of work for both Alex and Geddy. Recently I was sent some video footage of my band from 1991 that I had not seen before....so I'm sharing it with you. We are covering YYZ and Lakeside Park in this clip, I'm the guitar player. Hope you like it and I'm looking forward to lots of discussions here on this forum about my favorite band on the planet! biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Freddy

Very nice job. The whole band is very tight, I can tell all 3 of you were very experienced by this point. Always nice to hear.

And surprisingly, the singer is pulling off Geddy's style very well. A lot of times you watch Rush covers on youtube when they try to sound like them, and sometimes it's good until someone starts singing. Usually really painful to listen to, but this guy wasn't at all. Strong singer.

QUOTE (trenken @ Aug 8 2011, 09:59 AM)
Very nice job. The whole band is very tight, I can tell all 3 of you were very experienced by this point. Always nice to hear.

And surprisingly, the singer is pulling off Geddy's style very well. A lot of times you watch Rush covers on youtube when they try to sound like them, and sometimes it's good until someone starts singing. Usually really painful to listen to, but this guy wasn't at all. Strong singer.

Thanks trenken!

I agree, that singer was really good. I loved playing with him. He didn't try to sound like Geddy, but he had a nice tone, nice grit and rarely pitchy.

The keyboardist is good too on "limelight"!

Ah...you found that one....hehe. The keyboard player was a good singer too. Just an anecdote, he bought Geddy's Oberheim OB-1 synth that was used for Moving Pictures. It sounds fantastic!

Welcome to TRF Freddy and I love your sound. trink39.gif

GREAT version, man. You guys rocked that tune!

Thanks for posting!! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow...that was amazing!

And I can't think of a better way to introduce yourself to the forum

Welcome bekloppt.gif

Probably two of the best covers I've ever heard of Rush smile.gif all around just solid. The fans were into it too. Musical talent is very good. The singer is very good at doing the Geddy thing. I honestly thought y'all we're using a backtrack of Geddy in the very beginning. Amazing work.

QUOTE (LerxstLuthier @ Aug 18 2011, 08:22 AM)
Thank you very kindly rushlady23!

I've got some more footage, my band playing Limelight....even some Zeppelin stuff if anyone cares to see it.
tongue.gif

I saw the limelight one. I was disappointed the other guy wasnt singing it. It still sounded good, but the other guy is a much better singer.

QUOTE (LerxstLuthier @ Aug 18 2011, 09:22 AM)
Thank you very kindly rushlady23!

I've got some more footage, my band playing Limelight....even some Zeppelin stuff if anyone cares to see it.
tongue.gif

Zeppelin? Definitely! yes.gif