Subdivisions on the roof!

rugen

I really love this version and never get tired of seeing it. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Best Rush cover ive ever seen, but yes it has been mosted MANY times. In case the TC doesnt know, he got an email from Geddy about it, saying the whole band has seen it.

I cant watch any bands that try to sound like Rush, but I can watch this over and over. Wish he would do more.

Edited by trenken

The thing that I love about this guy is not just how he took and ancient song and modernized it by stripping out all the goofy 80's keys, but he's just a really strong singer. Great tone and control, a better natural singer than Geddy ever was. Probably blasphemy to say that here, but he really is a better singer, all those nice quick little vocal runs he does, Geddy was never able to do that stuff nearly as tight as this guy. I just hear more emotion in his voice. Totally different kind of singer than Geddy. Edited by trenken

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Aug 9 2011, 02:27 PM)
I appreciate what he's trying to do but I don't feel that Subdivisions works on just an acoustic guitar. It sounds completely empty. I suggest choosing a song that is more suited to acoustic guitar.

What, like Hope? Just kidding!

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 9 2011, 11:39 AM)
I appreciate what he's trying to do but I don't feel that Subdivisions works on just an acoustic guitar.  It sounds completely empty.  I suggest choosing a song that is more suited to acoustic guitar.

The OP may not realize that Jacob Moon was contacted by the band after they saw this video, and they were rather impressed...he performed it the Canadian songwriters hall of fame Gala ceremony soundcheck, and here's a nice storyteller's bit from Rushcon...

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Aug 9 2011, 11:39 AM)
I appreciate what he's trying to do but I don't feel that Subdivisions works on just an acoustic guitar.  It sounds completely empty.  I suggest choosing a song that is more suited to acoustic guitar.

Entre Nous and Closer to the Heart come to mind.