Teaser trailer to THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

Presto-digitation

Is it too soon for a reboot? If this turns out to be a good movie, then, no, it's not too soon.

Like the The Dark Knight Rises trailer, probably because of the quality, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't like the POV shots.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this. I think Raimi dropped the ball too often with his Spider-Man movies, especially the godawful Spider-Man 3, so I'm giving this a chance. Will it tank or will it be like Batman Begins and successfully reboot the franchise? Time will tell...

Edited by ReRushed

I liked 2 quite well. Raimi butchered the Goblin in one and three was a crapfest indeed, but the Molina film and the "Spider-Man No More" theme was quite well done.

Still not sure this guy will best Tobey, who played well the Ditko-era SM nerd. This guy, I'm not sure. He's a bit too contemporary "hunky" to me to be a convincing milquetoast bookworm.

Interesting, the dark tone of the previews...(beyond the literal dark quality of the images). It's almost spooky for Spider-Man. Not sure if that's good or not yet.

I, too, did not like the video game POV.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 19 2011, 01:52 PM)
He's a bit too contemporary "hunky" to me to be a convincing milquetoast bookworm.

Looking at the image of him with the mask off, looking all dark and broody with his perfect hair sticking up and styled, the only thing I could think was "Forget Spider-Man, this is just my audition reel for the next Twilight movie".

Honestly, he looks just like every teenage d-bag that are landing the roles in those insipid vampire movies.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 19 2011, 03:52 PM)
I, too, did not like the video game POV.

Yep, it should look like a movie not a video game.

Spidey was my favorite super-hero growing up and I enjoyed the first two, I do agree the Goblin wasn't done well though.

You guys may be right about the new guy playing Spidey. However, many folks had problems with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine right before XMEN 1 came out: too tall, not muscular enough(though nobody would say that now), who the hell is he?, too handsome, and so on. All those things may have even been right but in the end he did a good job despite the shittiness of X3 and the Wolverine film.

Also, before Iron Man 2 came out, many people (including myself) liked the idea of Don Cheadle as Rhodey because he's a great actor with a strong personality. But that didn't really matter too much since the movie wasn't even close to being as good as Iron Man 1.

See what happens with this new Peter Parker and story. At the very least, can it be that much worse than Spidey 3? no.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 19 2011, 08:07 PM)
You guys may be right about the new guy playing Spidey. However, many folks had problems with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine right before XMEN 1 came out: too tall, not muscular enough(though nobody would say that now), who the hell is he?, too handsome, and so on. All those things may have even been right but in the end he did a good job despite the shittiness of X3 and the Wolverine film.

Also, before Iron Man 2 came out, many people (including myself) liked the idea of Don Cheadle as Rhodey because he's a great actor with a strong personality. But that didn't really matter too much since the movie wasn't even close to being as good as Iron Man 1.

See what happens with this new Peter Parker and story. At the very least, can it be that much worse than Spidey 3? no.gif
trink38.gif

You make great, clear-headed points...and you just might be right. It could really rock. All we have now are pretty surface appearances to go by. I'd love for it to be great, believe me.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 19 2011, 08:25 PM)
Apparently, they're bagging the organic web shooters and going with the mechanical web shooters. How a teenager can come up with that, I don't know, oh yeah, he's a genius!

Well at least that's consistent with the comic. I like that touch myself.

I don't like how dark it looks. I quite enjoyed the three Toby McGuire flicks. I guess we'll see.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 20 2011, 08:44 AM)
Apparently, they're bagging the organic web shooters and going with the mechanical web shooters. How a teenager can come up with that, I don't know, oh yeah, he's a genius!

I'll go with it. But it never made sense to me that a teenager, no matter how "brilliant" he may be, was able to create a substance that all the greatest scientists in the world couldn't come close to making. Organic web shooters seem more plausible in my mind. It's no big deal, I'm just nitpicking.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 19 2011, 08:52 PM)
Still not sure this guy will best Tobey, who played well the Ditko-era SM nerd. This guy, I'm not sure. He's a bit too contemporary "hunky" to me to be a convincing milquetoast bookworm.

As a big fan of the Ditko era comics...I agree yes.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 20 2011, 02:00 PM)
Not gonna be as good as the original.

Some said the same thing about Batman Begins.

But look at Batman & Robin and Batman Forever! Can there be any Batman movie worse than those?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 20 2011, 07:44 AM)

But he doesn't look nerdy. I liked Toby because he had that awkwardness in the high-school scenes. Imo it looks like they are trying to "Twilight" it up.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 20 2011, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 19 2011, 08:52 PM)

As a big fan of the Ditko era comics...I agree yes.gif

Loved the Ditko issues.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 21 2011, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 20 2011, 02:00 PM)
Not gonna be as good as the original.

Some said the same thing about Batman Begins.

But look at Batman & Robin and Batman Forever! Can there be any Batman movie worse than those?

Yeah, Batman & Robin will probably never be outdone as the shittiest hero flick ever. However, I was talking about the people that said that Batman Begins wasn't going to be as good as the first Batman with Keaton and Joker Jack. They were wrong.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2011, 12:10 PM)
WAY too many comic book movies going on out there

schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif

Blasphemy! tongue.gif

How many romantic comedies, mindless explosive popcorn films, or non-scary horror films are there every year? A shitload! How many hero flicks have there been this year? I only know of 2. Both (XMEN and Thor) of which were fun by the way. It doesn't matter if it's a superhero film. It only matters if it's good.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 11:18 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2011, 12:10 PM)
WAY too many comic book movies going on out there

schla03.gif  schla03.gif  schla03.gif

Blasphemy! tongue.gif

How many romantic comedies, mindless explosive popcorn films, or non-scary horror films are there every year? A shitload! How many hero flicks have there been this year? I only know of 2. Both (XMEN and Thor) of which were fun by the way. It doesn't matter if it's a superhero film. It only matters if it's good.

Each to their own man tongue.gif

You forgot

Xmen: First Class

Green Hornet

Green Lantern

Jonah Hex

Priest

and coming later this summer

Captain America

Cowboys and Aliens

The Conan The Barbarian remake

Next year