Rush live UK 2012?

Gilby

Can't for the life of me seem to get the hang of this iPhone regarding putting links up but there seems to be talk about Rush doing some UK festivals to promote the new album. (woohoo)

Victoria park in London and Sonosphere have been mentioned as well as another possibilty.

Rushonrock.com and Cygnus-x1

Looks like I'm taking LyndseyG to her first festival !

QUOTE (Gilby @ May 25 2011, 09:54 PM)
... but there seems to be talk about Rush doing some UK festivals to promote the new album. (woohoo)

Yeah promote the new album - which will most likely be shit - at a festival where half the peeps there couldn't give a shit about the headliners. Way to go.

Edited by Cosy Toes

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 26 2011, 04:53 AM)
... but there seems to be talk about Rush doing some UK festivals to promote the new album. (woohoo)

Yeah promote the new album - which will most likely be shit - at a festival where half the peeps there couldn't give a shit about the headliners. Way to go.

I'll go so I can finally meet the legend that is Cosey Toes/Nick Slick/King Troll, so I can steal his Old Rush, New Rush t-shirt...

trink38.gif

Isn't there a question mark over the High Voltage festival taking place at all next year? Something to with the small matter of the Olympics up the road happening around the same time, I understand.

Still if is possible that they might be appearing at other festivals, then that's fantastic news.

Edited by Harperspace

Sorry, but this is terrible news if true. Rush are an arena band, they've said so themselves many times. I remember in the 80s when they were linked with Donington every year but it never happened. Who wants to trudge all the way to London to see Rush 3mm high from the back of a muddy field? Fingers crossed for an arena tour.

QUOTE (Alvy Singer @ May 26 2011, 08:03 AM)
Sorry, but this is terrible news if true. Rush are an arena band, they've said so themselves many times. I remember in the 80s when they were linked with Donington every year but it never happened. Who wants to trudge all the way to London to see Rush 3mm high from the back of a muddy field? Fingers crossed for an arena tour.

I understand what you mean, but considering the truly disappointing experience I had last night (saw the guys here in London), I'll take a muddy field over the O2 anytime.

The band, as ever, were sensational, but the acoustics and vantage-point (for me) were utter shite, so a festival performance would be a good idea from my point of view. I would have a chance to move around and choose the spot from where I watch the gig.

BTW, someone mentioned above about Rush being rumoured years ago to be playing this or that festival. That's what I remember too. Back in 1981, a guy I knew in college said that Rush were slated for playing Monsters of Rock at Castle Donnington (not that it ever happened); and then I think there was a rumour about them appearing at Reading Rock (as it was called back then).

Actually, from rifling through my memory banks, I just realised that the Milton Keynes Bowl would not be a bad venue for Rush. The topography works well there (as I remember from seeing Status Quo there in the early 80s).

[edited for spelling mistake]

Edited by Undemanding Contact

Milton Keynes would be a good venue. Seen a few gigs there, Jovi, guns n roses, zz top. Good suggestion.

Tbh, I'm not holding my breath on this as I can't really see it happening. If it does, we'll go. Not done a festi for a long time, even a one dayer. Would be interesting to see what sort of line up would be involved.

I too have not been to a festival since, well, I cannot remember when precisely. It would be interesting for the experience once again.

I understand your pessimisim about Rush actually doing this, but one shining light here is that the band are clearly up for taking things from a quite different angle these days. Neil Peart says this in so many words in the tourbook I purchased last night. Given this, there would seem to be hope yet.

Frankly, I don't care too much as long as we continue to see them over here in the UK on a regular and frequent basis.

while i know i should not bother myself with this kind of pathetic shit ... i will

but i will limit it to ... anyone who feels the need to post deliberately antagonistic posts on any fan site in this manner is a f***ing loser by any definition of the word - but please feel free to keep wasting your pathetic life doing so if it makes you feel good ...

.. returning to the post ... i would love to see them play a festival and hope they pick one with other great bands biggrin.gif

d x

QUOTE (Alvy Singer @ May 26 2011, 01:03 PM)

Amen Bro.

If Rush play festivals then it will be the last nail in their integrity coffin.

Not that HV will be muddy. It's in Larndan.

QUOTE (s_b_g @ May 26 2011, 09:09 PM)

while i know i should not bother myself with this kind of pathetic shit ... i will

but i will limit it to ... anyone who feels the need to post deliberately antagonistic posts on any fan site in this manner is a f***ing loser by any definition of the word - but please feel free to keep wasting your pathetic life doing so if it makes you feel good ...

But the new album most probably will be shit - guide the future by the past - and a Festival is no place to play your latest material. Festival crowds want the HITS.

Magnum fell on their arses at HV last year, because they played lots of new stuff and not enough old stuff. Mummy say so.

You're the antagonistic one calling me a "f***ing Loser" you'll be sorry when I get my D&D mates out of their basement to come and give you a good going over sunshine.

And please capitalise "i" when referring to yourself and please capitalise the beginning words of your sentences. Don't start your sentences with "But" either. Thank You.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 26 2011, 05:30 PM)

But the new album most probably will be shit - guide the future by the past - and a Festival is no place to play your latest material. Festival crowds want the HITS.

Magnum fell on their arses at HV last year, because they played lots of new stuff and not enough old stuff. Mummy say so.

You're the antagonistic one calling me a "f***ing Loser" you'll be sorry when I get my D&D mates out of their basement to come and give you a good going over sunshine.

And please capitalise "i" when referring to yourself and please capitalise the beginning words of your sentences. Don't start your sentences with "But" either. Thank You.

bring it on asshole anytime

QUOTE (s_b_g @ May 26 2011, 11:46 PM)

You know there's a law against grooming young girls on the internet...

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 26 2011, 05:52 PM)

who says it is a girl? wink.gif

QUOTE (s_b_g @ May 26 2011, 11:55 PM)

Who says "she's" not DCI Les Behavingyou?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 26 2011, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (s_b_g @ May 26 2011, 11:55 PM)

Who says "she's" not DCI Les Behavingyou?

tongue.gif

hehe biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 26 2011, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Alvy Singer @ May 26 2011, 01:03 PM)

Amen Bro.

If Rush play festivals then it will be the last nail in their integrity coffin.

Not that HV will be muddy. It's in Larndan.

Cosy is agreeing with me. Should I be worried?

An outdoor festival would beat my experience at the LG Arena in Birmingham UK anyday. At least I would have the option of moving away from the 7 foot fathead right in front of me who couldn't keep still. Also - while I'm having a rant, I'd also have the option of leaving when the mind-numbingly boring and totally unfunny video at the end of the show is put on in a darkened arena (obviously designed to delay the crowd's getaway while the band make a run for it from the still traffic free venue !) Edited by brisbane man

Based on this year's prices, if they played High Voltage it'd be quite a lot cheaper than what I paid for all my shows this year! tongue.gif

HV would be the only festival I think I could logistically do, so let's hope!

QUOTE (brisbane man @ May 30 2011, 12:20 PM)
An outdoor festival would beat my experience at the LG Arena in Birmingham UK anyday. At least I would have the option of moving away from the 7 foot fathead right in front of me who couldn't keep still. Also - while I'm having a rant, I'd also have the option of leaving when the mind-numbingly boring and totally unfunny video at the end of the show is put on in a darkened arena (obviously designed to delay the crowd's getaway while the band make a run for it from the still traffic free venue !)

sad,but true sad.gif ....neil can now walk instead of having to run yes.gif

QUOTE (brisbane man @ May 30 2011, 05:20 PM)
An outdoor festival would beat my experience at the LG Arena in Birmingham UK anyday. At least I would have the option of moving away from the 7 foot fathead right in front of me who couldn't keep still. Also - while I'm having a rant, I'd also have the option of leaving when the mind-numbingly boring and totally unfunny video at the end of the show is put on in a darkened arena (obviously designed to delay the crowd's getaway while the band make a run for it from the still traffic free venue !)

If you were a smart cookie, you'd know that the ending video was shite and run for it anyway. I did.