10 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Moving Pictures-Rush
    • The Wall-Pink Floyd
    • Dead Wing-Porcupine Tree
    • Images And Words-Dream Theater
    • In The Court Of The Crimson King-King Crimson
    • Third-Soft Machine

Kind of a limited poll considering the wealth of influential prog albums out there. In fact, any such poll that doesn't include Yes' Close To The Edge is incomplete by default.

But, I'll give you credit for being into this kind of music at your age when most of your friends are listening to computerized Autotuned garbage. Keep up the good work. wink.gif

I got stuck with MP and ItCotCK, and Deadwing would be right after.

But where is CttE, TaaB, SEbtP, Mirage, Pawn Hearts, as well as many others? And the Wall is not even close to being Floyd's best album if that's what you are going for. It's excellent sure, but Animals and Wish You Were Here have a better atmosphere to them, and then there is Meddle with Echoes. And early Floyd with Syd was better than the wall yes.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 3 2011, 02:33 PM)
But where is CttE, TaaB, SEbtP, Mirage, Pawn Hearts, as well as many others? And the Wall is not even close to being Floyd's best album if that's what you are going for. It's excellent sure, but Animals and Wish You Were Here have a better atmosphere to them, and then there is Meddle with Echoes. And early Floyd with Syd was better than the wall yes.gif

No Lamb sad.gif Or Foxtrot, or Lizard, CttE, TFTO, GFTO, In the Land of Grey and Pink.. glaring omissions from the poll sad.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ May 3 2011, 04:37 PM)
o.O No Lizard? That far surpasses ItCotCK.

Also, why is MP on here?

Anyway, I voted for the KC debut

Agree Lizard is KC's best. And yeah, I was thinking if Rush would be here it'd have to be Hemi or AFtK...

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ May 3 2011, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 3 2011, 02:33 PM)

No Lamb sad.gif Or Foxtrot, or Lizard, CttE, TFTO, GFTO, In the Land of Grey and Pink.. glaring omissions from the poll sad.gif

The lack of yes and genesis surprised me. I was thinking maybe it was a one album deal so definitely ctte and sebtp belong, but all those are great too. I need more time with in the land of grey and pink. More Zappa, more Caravan, more Jethro Tull, and perhaps some italian prog too though I am just discovering that. And if PT and DT are here I say Tool's Lateralus should be here.

Archived