Alex's Acoustic Solo

smocs

I don't think so. Though it has been offered that since the one for S&A was called Hope, this one might be Hopeless..... laugh.gif

Blame Pratt. He wrote that. confused13.gif tongue.gif

I hate 062802puke_prv.gif acoustic guitar stuff! I hope Alex does not play any acoustic 062802puke_prv.gif stuff in Rotterdam!! banghead.gif

QUOTE (kooma @ Apr 20 2011, 04:05 AM)
I hate 062802puke_prv.gif acoustic guitar stuff! I hope Alex does not play any acoustic 062802puke_prv.gif stuff in Rotterdam!! banghead.gif

Well he's going to, unless they decide to redo that one single show just for you!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 20 2011, 08:47 AM)
i like acoustic pieces but on the time machine tour i was really hoping he was going to pull out broon's bane.

Broon's Bane is one of my single, all-time, favorite, pieces of music. L-O-V-E it. yes.gif

I like acoustic pieces just fine, but I don't find this one to be very strong. It's just some pretty noodling, without much in the way of structure or build.

Closer To The Heart, however, is absolutely wonderful this year yes.gif

He did in fact, play "hope" just before closer to the heart. If you can call it a song (I call it album filler), it was one of the three instrumentals on S&A.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 23 2011, 10:00 PM)
He did in fact, play "hope" just before closer to the heart. If you can call it a song (I call it album filler), it was one of the three instrumentals on S&A.

He didn't play "Hope" at any of the six Time Machine shows I've seen!

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Apr 23 2011, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (smocs @ Apr 19 2011, 08:25 PM)
Does anybody know if Alex has a name for the acoustic solo he's been playing as an intro to Closer to the Heart?

On the set list, it's listed as:

Alex Solo

CTTH

Maybe it's because it's an abbridged version? Either way they sound identical.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 23 2011, 10:39 PM)

Did you see them this year or last? They definetely didn't play it last year.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 24 2011, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Apr 23 2011, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (smocs @ Apr 19 2011, 08:25 PM)
Does anybody know if Alex has a name for the acoustic solo he's been playing as an intro to Closer to the Heart?

On the set list, it's listed as:

Alex Solo

CTTH

Maybe it's because it's an abbridged version? Either way they sound identical.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 23 2011, 10:39 PM)

Did you see them this year or last? They definetely didn't play it last year.

I saw them four times last year and twice this year, and at none of those shows did Alex play "Hope" before "Closer To The Heart," or, indeed, at all. The piece he's played before "Closer To The Heart" at all the shows I've seen is somewhat similar to "Hope," so if you don't like "Hope" and haven't listened to it very much, perhaps you simply mistook this acoustic composition for that one.

I disagree with your assessment that "Hope" is "filler" rather than a song, but would agree with it to describe the piece he's played at the Time Machine shows I've seen.

One more question: anybody know if I could find the tabs for the acoustic solo anywhere? I did a quick google search and search of this forum and didn't come up with anything

QUOTE (smocs @ May 2 2011, 02:22 PM)
One more question: anybody know if I could find the tabs for the acoustic solo anywhere? I did a quick google search and search of this forum and didn't come up with anything

You're better off watching a video of the piece on YouTube or waiting until the DVD comes out and figuring it out on your own (not just because the chances of it getting tabbed are slim-to-none, but because there's no better way to learn something than by figuring it out for yourself smile.gif). It shouldn't be too hard either since the video should be 100% focused on Alex.

Edited by Scars

QUOTE (smocs @ Apr 24 2011, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 24 2011, 12:41 PM)
Seems to me that I remember somewhere it being listed as "Love For Sale". I may be completely off my rocker, though

That's Neil's drum solo

Oh, thanks. I thought that I read that title somewhere.