2112 Cover

Show Don't Tell

The band is great. All the instruments were dead on.

The singer is good looking. It was a tad annoying when she did the "heys" during the Overture (the crowd does it or no one does). I think she has a great voice for pop. That seriously sounded like Katie Perry was singing.

Now I need to blast a live version of 2112 to get that image out of my head. Pop stars covering Rush... *shivers*

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 18 2011, 08:21 AM)
Would've been better if she'd left the stage for the 1st part & not done the "heys" but pretty damn fine cover!

I'm kinda glad she hung around. Could have laid off on the heys, though.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 19 2011, 08:40 AM)
Eh. The girl sounded like she was straining to hit every note.

She wasnt straining to hit them, she didnt hit them at all. Its not like when Geddy strains. When he strains he can sometimes manage to hit the notes. She sounded like she just wasnt up to the task of singing that song. May be her poppy style voice that keeps her from really belting it which is what that song needs.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 20 2011, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 19 2011, 08:40 AM)
Eh.  The girl sounded like she was straining to hit every note.

She wasnt straining to hit them, she didnt hit them at all. Its not like when Geddy strains. When he strains he can sometimes manage to hit the notes. She sounded like she just wasnt up to the task of singing that song. May be her poppy style voice that keeps her from really belting it which is what that song needs.

I liked the way she sang it. She wasn't trying to hit the same notes as Geddy.

To the OP: Thanks for sharing this! trink39.gif

Archived