New Geddy Interview

cfmoran13

One thing that disturbs me is that Ged considers BU2B and Caravan "heavy" songs and that there will be diversity on the album. Does that mean that other songs won't be 'heavy'??? I certainly don't consider BU2B and Caravan heavy. Please give me a Time Machine back to 1975.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 15 2011, 12:24 PM)
One thing that disturbs me is that Ged considers BU2B and Caravan "heavy" songs and that there will be diversity on the album. Does that mean that other songs won't be 'heavy'??? I certainly don't consider BU2B and Caravan heavy. Please give me a Time Machine back to 1975.

What????????? When BU2B first came out some posters thought it was the heaviest thing they have ever done. That guitar tone is super heavy. I think only VT has songs just as heavy.(Maybe Time And Motion) I certainly don't hear anything as remotely heavy on COS. I love the two new tracks. I just hope they don't pull a SnA on us and try to be too diverse. I do not want any folk sounding guitar on this record. Please:)

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 15 2011, 12:37 PM)
One thing that disturbs me is that Ged considers BU2B and Caravan "heavy" songs and that there will be diversity on the album.  Does that mean that other songs won't be 'heavy'???  I certainly don't consider BU2B and Caravan heavy.  Please give me a Time Machine back to 1975.

What????????? When BU2B first came out some posters thought it was the heaviest thing they have ever done. That guitar tone is super heavy. I think only VT has songs just as heavy.(Maybe Time And Motion) I certainly don't hear anything as remotely heavy on COS. I love the two new tracks. I just hope they don't pull a SnA on us and try to be too diverse. I do not want any folk sounding guitar on this record. Please:)

I think they're done with that. I personally really liked it and thought it fit Rush well. But I'm almost positive it would only last one album. That's how all their albums are, I think. They kind of evolve off of the last one and add something new.

So I think they're taking the heavy yet melodic stuff from S&A, leaving the folk behind, and adding the Steampunk. I could probably describe the transition between each album like this. I think I will, just for fun biggrin.gif Maybe I'll post it up later.

Well generally speaking they aren't heavy, but I think he's just talking about them relative to what they've done on recent albums.

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Apr 15 2011, 01:42 PM)
I like the new songs, I'm just growing a little tired about the "free thinking" themes (BU2B). More from the heart and less from the head.

no.gif

Not from the heart.

Not from the head.

From the balance of both. yes.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

1975 was a long long long time ago.

Even entertaining the idea that Rush would return to that is an effort in utter futility.

Why bother? It's silly.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 16 2011, 12:05 AM)
From the balance of both.

In a single perfect sphere (couldn't help myself).

Pretty good interview, saw it this morning in one of my news feeds.

Archived