8yr. old daughter's first show a success!

Test4Eco23

Just got home from the United Center in Chicago. We took my 8 year old daughter and it was a complete success. My best friend surprised us with a custom t-shirt he had made for her to celebrate the event. It was a pink shirt with "I'm Attending my first concert...." on the front. And on the back it says "What a 2.gif United Center Chicago April, 12 2011.

We got so many compliments on the shirt and even had complete strangers coming up to us and taking her picture. It was truly a magical evening, everyone who sat around us were so respectful and polite to her. We won't ever forget this night as long as we live.

-JRS-

Test,

I think I saw your daughter's shirt last night. I had my 13 yo daughter with me, we were in Sec 304....and we both saw a pink "1st concert" shirt and my daughter exclaimed "Awww, how cute!"

Amazing show, we were both smiles all night. Loved Presto and TCE. Hope you guys enjoyed.

Awesome! I was hoping to take our kids, but I was worried they wouldn't be able to handle it. We have a 10 and 8 year old. I was thinking next year (crossing fingers that they come back again.. hehe) would be a great time to take them both!

biggrin.gif

While waiting in line at the Nashville show I was talking to the people around me. The woman behind me looked to be in her mid to late 30s or maybe early 40s. She said that this was her first rock concert ever! I said "What?! Where the heck have you been?!"

^ Well, at least it was Rush!

Aww, your little girl must have looked so cute, Test4Eco23 - I got misty-eyed reading the story! heart.gif 2.gif heart.gif

There was a young boy about 10-12 behind us in Hershey whose folks had just bought him a slightly too big orange burnout shirt...he'll have fun growing into it, I'm sure!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 13 2011, 01:11 PM)
Great to hear , I took my 8 year old to his first Rush Concert as well! A, He' was hooked from the get go, after Far Cry he was a fan!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

where were you sitting if you dont mind me asking. I think I may have been behind you. lol

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Apr 14 2011, 06:24 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 13 2011, 01:11 PM)
Great to hear , I took my 8 year old to his first Rush Concert as well! A, He' was hooked from the get go, after Far Cry he was a fan!!

1022.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

where were you sitting if you dont mind me asking. I think I may have been behind you. lol

We were in section 318 row 2

We were in 107 row E and there was a family of four in front of us. The daughter was about 11 or 12 and the boy was maybe 9. The girl was hopping about and digging it just like her dad and the little boy appeared to have had enough and fell asleep. The family left after Moving Pictures was finished and missed the rest of the show.

Bummer. The kids missed a great set.