Well, that's that...

Rushchick10

So, some of you that are close to me already know this, but I am getting a divorce. Please, those of you who don't believe in divorce, or think that it is "wrong" or a "sin," refrain from commenting here. The reason is, I felt myself going into a very VERY dark place. Without getting too specific, I had started turning to some unhealthy ways of coping. He's not a bad guy, and I'm not a bad gal...we were just bad together.

A bit of venting is needed on my part because I am experiencing some very strange emotions over this. Anyone willing to listen?

My thoughts are with you Jaime, I know it's pretty tough going (my situation is particularly f**ked up lol), you seem like a pretty strong woman and you have the coolest little boy! I really wish you all the best and may it be as straightforward as possible. hug2.gif

QUOTE (realomind @ Mar 4 2011, 01:22 PM)
My thoughts are with you Jaime, I know it's pretty tough going (my situation is particularly f**ked up lol), you seem like a pretty strong woman and you have the coolest little boy! I really wish you all the best and may it be as straightforward as possible. hug2.gif

Thanks. The legalities will be pretty easy...we're in agreement on everything (dividing property, etc.). It's my son that has me worried. I just don't want him hurt. I know it will happen, because they are so close (my soon-to-be ex is not my son's biological dad, but has been lil' Lerxst's daddy since 3). But, I am doing everything I can to make it as easy for my son as possible.

I'm sorry to hear that, Jamie.. hug2.gif I didn't realise

I wish you luck getting through everything, and in the future.

Oh, Jaime I'm sorry. You bet I'm willing to listen. So vent away, Hon. hug2.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Mar 4 2011, 07:25 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Spike, Rushchick10

bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

Thanks hug2.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 4 2011, 05:14 PM)
I said this already to you and I will again - I am here for you whenever you need me. Call me if you want to talk ok? Love ya Sis x

You're awesome! I love ya too! I don't need no steenking husband to give me an excuse to get to Scotland! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 5 2011, 01:03 AM)
I said this already to you and I will again - I am here for you whenever you need me. Call me if you want to talk ok? Love ya Sis x

You're awesome! I love ya too! I don't need no steenking husband to give me an excuse to get to Scotland! biggrin.gif

That's my girl! Get yours and Alex's asses on a plane - pronto! hug2.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 5 2011, 04:32 AM)

Lil' Lerxst and I shall be looking for airfare. Would you like for me to get in touch with the elder Lerxst to see when he is available for a trip? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 5 2011, 09:48 AM)

Lil' Lerxst and I shall be looking for airfare. Would you like for me to get in touch with the elder Lerxst to see when he is available for a trip? laugh.gif

Yes! I won't have seen him since May so get him to fly you first class. Tell him to bring his Ledderhosen! laugh.gif

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is good that you two agree on the legalities, and that it seems that you will be able to have an amicable divorce and stay in good terms. But it is still painful- it is the end of something you both worked hard on.

Sending many hugs here.

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Mar 5 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 5 2011, 09:48 AM)

Yes! I won't have seen him since May so get him to fly you first class. Tell him to bring his Ledderhosen! laugh.gif

Ooh, could this be another attendee for the May 14th meet-up? Partaay! wink.gif

hug2.gif Speaking as a child of divorce, it is hard at first, but your son will probably see that you're better off and will understand. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but glad that you won't have to be in that situation anymore.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 4 2011, 10:52 AM)
So, some of you that are close to me already know this, but I am getting a divorce. Please, those of you who don't believe in divorce, or think that it is "wrong" or a "sin," refrain from commenting here. The reason is, I felt myself going into a very VERY dark place. Without getting too specific, I had started turning to some unhealthy ways of coping. He's not a bad guy, and I'm not a bad gal...we were just bad together.

A bit of venting is needed on my part because I am experiencing some very strange emotions over this. Anyone willing to listen?

You're making the right decision and I'll be here for you if you need to vent in private.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 7 2011, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 4 2011, 10:52 AM)
So, some of you that are close to me already know this, but I am getting a divorce.  Please, those of you who don't believe in divorce, or think that it is "wrong" or a "sin," refrain from commenting here.  The reason is, I felt myself going into a very VERY dark place.  Without getting too specific, I had started turning to some unhealthy ways of coping.  He's not a bad guy, and I'm not a bad gal...we were just bad together. 

A bit of venting is needed on my part because I am experiencing some very strange emotions over this.  Anyone willing to listen?

You're making the right decision and I'll be here for you if you need to vent in private.

I'll probably take you up on that. Thanks. hug2.gif The hardest part of this whole thing is how it is affecting my son. He's so sensitive to people and their emotions. I am doing everything I can to keep him in good spirits. It's tough, though. But, deep down, I know it would have been more damaging to him for me to continue down that dark path. Good thing he and I have some Rush planned together. yes.gif It's not the first time that it's just been him and me, but it's different this time.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 4 2011, 01:52 PM)

hug2.gif

I'm here too. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Mar 8 2011, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Mar 4 2011, 01:52 PM)
A bit of venting is needed on my part because I am experiencing some very strange emotions over this.  Anyone willing to listen?

hug2.gif

I'm here too. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

hug2.gif Count me in too. hug2.gif

Rushchick10,

I just wanted to write to let you know that I am so sorry for everything that you are going through.

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you must be experiencing.

Just wanted to reach out, give you a big cyber-hug and to let you know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

There are so many people here who love and care for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to one of us if need anything.

~Peace and Grace, RGLT

I'm sorry to hear this. But you have to do what is best for you and for Alex. You're a mama bear...you'll do just fine.