Perhaps the most beautiful piece of music

Earthshine

Yeah, it's a great tune. I actually had to pick a track from a list at University to break down and write about and I chose this one. I went the extra mile and transposed it to guitar - it gave me a better understanding of how perfection can actually be simple as long as it's sublime.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 24 2011, 09:11 AM)
La Villa Strangiato??

yes.gif

laugh.gif

1022.gif

idk, i certainly respect classical music, and i find it mostly entirely benign, but mostly i just find it pretty boring. unsure.gif

don't get me wrong, that might be the best version i've ever heard of that piece, and it is pretty sounding, but i have several dozen songs i would list as the most beautiful piece of music ever, and none of them would be classical.

I've heard from some low strings players this isn't exactly their favourite song... tongue.gif

BUT! In all seriousness, I love this performance of it. Wow. I've had the privilege of going to quite a few symphonic concerts (probably two-three times as many as rock concerts, haha) and over the years have developed a profound appreciation for classical music. I still can't sit through a high school orchestra performance without getting drowsy (sorry!) but especially the Chicago Symphony is captivating. Takes a lot of skill and years of practice. Incredible.

Archived