Think Peart will ever return to Meet & Greets?

osage2112

Will Neil ever return to Meet and Greets?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will Neil ever return to Meet and Greets?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil will never do meet and greets--he's said time & again how uncomfortable he feels among Rush fans. That's why I would never want to meet him backstage. It would just be a big letdown knowing that it would be strange.

However, if I met him , say if I saw him filling up gas on his way between shows, my plan would be to feign knowing who he is and talk about his motorcycle or something non-Rush related. That way he knows I am not a fan but just a regular bloke talking to another bloke, dig? And after exchange pleasant courtesies, even in parting, I would never bring up Rush.

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Feb 12 2011, 11:38 AM)
It will never happen. Why would he?

He is the most revealing anyway.

What is he revealing, btw? Everything he writes nowadays is linear narrative of "random inconsequentia" or catharses. Sure, he offers private tidbits now and then, but after reading enough of his ramblings, who really has the interest in the aforementioned anymore?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 12 2011, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Feb 12 2011, 11:38 AM)
It will never happen. Why would he?

He is the most revealing anyway.

What is he revealing, btw? Everything he writes nowadays is linear narrative of "random inconsequentia" or catharses. Sure, he offers private tidbits now and then, but after reading enough of his ramblings, who really has the interest in the aforementioned anymore?

I'm sure his books are a lot more linear (I mean, I guess, I've never read one) but one thing is for sure. The guy has written several books about his life and observations, so it's there for the people who are interested. I'm not saying the guy is perfect (are any of us?), but I think some judge him far too harshly.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 12 2011, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 11 2011, 08:47 PM)
Neil might decide to begin conducting meet and beats.  Anyone who decides to try and meet him will be beaten by Mosbach.

Sign idea for sticks:

MOSBACH IS A cat.gif !!!

rofl3.gif

wait a minute...

not a bad idea, just might work!

Archived