Greensboro North Carolina concert

fixedrate1914

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, what a show!! They never disappoint. 35 years since I saw my first Rush concert and they still blow me away. I have roughly 200 pictures that I took from section 225 (first row, second level). I'll post as soon as I get a chance. My poor wife. Blew out her vocal cords yet again. What an amazing night!!

My Review:

of course great show- had front row on the side right in the sound "sweet" spot & I must say that the first half of the set was no where near as good as previous Rush shows- it was loud, for 1 thing, VERY loud! My ears are still ringing & thats all well & good but the sound was painfully loud & "Flat" sounding & Geddy's voice was rough, he notoriously takes a while to warm-up vocally, but he really didn't during the first set-his lower register was fine, but his upper was all over the place. My buddy had second row on the side directly across the arena from us & he said he couldn't hear the guitar at all! We could, it was just too painful!

Technichally, everyone was incredible of course, and the sound problems weren't their fault, but there was also about 3-4 songs in the first half that were pretty lite & honestly a bit "boring"- I understand they cant please everyone & it's great they've been mixing up the songs each tour , but "Faithless?" I love "S & A"- I mean really love it! & they translate awesome live as they played most of the record on the "S &A" Tour. I Love all but a couple songs like that one- it's just weak imo. How bout at least "The Main Monkey Business?" that would rule!

Anyway, the intermission ended up being a blessing, because they seemed to have adjusted whatever sound issues they were having- I heard it the second "Tom Sawyer"kicked in- "WOW!" heavy as hell, clear as hell & no longer painful to the ears- all the songs had that full, "rich" sound "RUSH" is known for & the setlist had no more weak spots, I mean- none! & that was the most ripping version of "Working Man" I've ever heard! it was like Metallica meets "Working Man!"

Overall, terrific show as always, thank god there was no warm-up band & they played so many tunes, but it was like the first set was their warm-up for their second- I know some fans are so hardcore they feal Rush can do no wrong- for me their like my 5-6th favorite band & I really enjoy their shows, but I had 2 other

"hardcore" fans with me that agreed %100 with what I said.Oh, did i mention Peart's drum solo should be named the ninth wonder of the world!!! Thank god a band like Rush is still around! 1022.gif

Edited by Geddycrazy

awesome show!! haven't seen the boys since GUP tour at the texxas jam 1984. i agree that the 1st set wasn't as great sounding as the 2nd, song-wise and FOH mix. went w/ the guys from my rush tribute, and 2 of grants blind friends (our bassist grant is blind). we sat row A section 108, about 30' from alex. loved the intro movie w/ "RASH", haha.

cool that some of y'all went to greys; i used to do an acoustic gig there every fri for a few years (stopped last summer when my pal dave moved away).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/brooks/fridays-1.jpg

great show, great energy, great companionship. Went with my son, my best friend from high school and his son. I saw people I had not seen since college in the 80's.

talk about old friends growing older........... cool10.gif

the highlight for me was working man. f***ing intense. go alex go!!

I had seen the camera eye live before but of course could not really remember that far back. TCE seems to me to be reworked, sounded beefier with a greater bass presence. seems they abbreviated it somewhat too?

I was in section 113 wearing my power windows shirt from the last time they played greensboro.

Without a question the funniest concert i have ever seen! Loved the chimps and when they swapped instruments.

I have seen every tour since PW except for Presto and I am pleased to report the boys are kicking as much ass as ever........... 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 3 2011, 01:46 PM)
great show, great energy, great companionship. Went with my son, my best friend from high school and his son. I saw people I had not seen since college in the 80's.

talk about old friends growing older........... cool10.gif

the highlight for me was working man. f***ing intense. go alex go!!

I had seen the camera eye live before but of course could not really remember that far back. TCE seems to me to be reworked, sounded beefier with a greater bass presence. seems they abbreviated it somewhat too?

I was in section 113 wearing my power windows shirt from the last time they played greensboro.

Without a question the funniest concert i have ever seen! Loved the chimps and when they swapped instruments.

I have seen every tour since PW except for Presto and I am pleased to report the boys are kicking as much ass as ever........... 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

We were close! My wife and I were in 111. cool10.gif

Highlights for me were Marathon and La Villa. It was my first time seeing Rush indoors and it was awesome having the lights look great the whole time. The crowd was the best I've seen at a Rush show. We had a great time.