Greensboro North Carolina concert

fixedrate1914

Got Front row- 1st section from stage- reg. price! on aisle no less- should be best seats in the house or close to it anyway! Hell yeesss! cool10.gif

Btw- every time I've gone to Greensboro closer is better, period. No matter where u are sound is more powerful & clearer & does not sail over your head as with other venues when u get too close.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Voyager1000 @ Mar 31 2011, 03:56 PM)
Any good places close to the venue to grab an early dinner and a drink?.... and maybe meet a few Rush fans?

We're coming from Raleigh and dont know the area.

Hey we are heading in from Wake Forest and leaving here about 3:00 or so. We are going here for some pre-concert food http://www.greystavern.com/. Should be there about 4:30 or so. It is 2 miles form the coliseum.

Post up if you are going to be there and maybe we can hook up.

Kevin

QUOTE (mlc @ Mar 31 2011, 08:04 PM)
Any good places close to the venue to grab an early dinner and a drink?.... and maybe meet a few Rush fans?

Hey we are heading in from Wake Forest and leaving here about 3:00 or so. We are going here for some pre-concert food http://www.greystavern.com/. Should be there about 4:30 or so. It is 2 miles form the coliseum.

Kevin

I was looking at that place for an after party..... I may be able to make it there pre-show...trying to get a decent hotel in the area.

QUOTE (Riv @ Mar 31 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (mlc @ Mar 31 2011, 08:04 PM)

Kevin

I was looking at that place for an after party..... I may be able to make it there pre-show...trying to get a decent hotel in the area.

Good luck on the hotel....I have been looking online for a day. Didn't find anything closer then Burlington.

Kevin

The area around the coliseum is not very inviting. I wouldn't get too excited. We're planning on driving in early and finding a place to eat close by but not sure where. Very few good places to eat in the vicinity.

QUOTE (traeplien @ Mar 31 2011, 07:55 PM)

The area around the coliseum is not very inviting. I wouldn't get too excited. We're planning on driving in early and finding a place to eat close by but not sure where. Very few good places to eat in the vicinity.

i don't know the area well. last time i was in that neck of the woods was for the power windows show.

i did see on the map that Stameys has a restaurant nearby. while i have yet to eat there personally, it is widely considered one of the barbecue restaurants in the state.

my friend got an email from the coliseum saying it would be wise to get there early and hinting that parking is going to be tight.

2.gif on amigos!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

There is a snowdog meetup at Natty Greens pub right down the street from the venue!!! I will have several boots to give away so look for me and my son!!! As for hotels, it is Furniture Market week and it is crazy here. Hotels are not available unless u get a last minute cancellation. Hope to see y'all at Natty Greens!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (yetz @ Apr 1 2011, 03:12 PM)
There is a snowdog meetup at Natty Greens pub right down the street from the venue!!! I will have several boots to give away so look for me and my son!!! As for hotels, it is Furniture Market week and it is crazy here. Hotels are not available unless u get a last minute cancellation. Hope to see y'all at Natty Greens!!!
2.gif

You're not kidding about hotels! Finally managed to get a room at the Marriott downtown....and they may have some left...but it's $229/night sad.gif

Stamey's BBQ is across the street from the Coliseum. Been there since I lived there in the 70's. We always go there when coming from Atlanta to Chapel Hill or when in G'boro for The ACC. Would kill (not REALLY) to go to a concert there again. Especially RUSH. Brings back some awesome times - getting there early afternoon to wait for the chain link gates to open, festival seating, smoking indoors, groovy stuff goin' on. Whatever. Not sure about drinks and such. Been a looooong time. Hope y'all have a blast. Wish I were with you'ins. Cheers....

just got my ticket last night, sec 214 row A. I'll be hanging right over the balcony XD. This will be my first time going to greensboro, as well as my first time going to a Rush concert by myself. Any plans for a pre-show get together?

QUOTE (rushbabe @ Apr 1 2011, 06:36 PM)
so far I have seen natty greens pub and grey's tavern as the meet up places. Any others? Also what time should I get there as far as parking goes?

We're leaving Winston-Salem at 4:30 to be in the area by 5. I'm hoping that gives us enough time to eat/drink and park. I think we're going to try Grey's. Great review on Tripadviser. Looking forward to meeting some new Rush fans tomorrow.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revi...h_Carolina.html

Edited by traeplien

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Apr 1 2011, 08:31 PM)
Just got 7th row center!!!!  trink38.gif

How? And what about your other seats?

stubhub....still 2 left $245.

If you want my other seats I can put you in touch with the guy I was getting them from.

QUOTE (rushbabe @ Apr 1 2011, 06:26 PM)
just got my ticket last night, sec 214 row A. I'll be hanging right over the balcony XD. This will be my first time going to greensboro, as well as my first time going to a Rush concert by myself. Any plans for a pre-show get together?

We're 225 A on the balcony. common001.gif

QUOTE (traeplien @ Apr 1 2011, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (rushbabe @ Apr 1 2011, 06:36 PM)
so far I have seen natty greens pub and grey's tavern as the meet up places. Any others? Also what time should I get there as far as parking goes?

We're leaving Winston-Salem at 4:30 to be in the area by 5. I'm hoping that gives us enough time to eat/drink and park. I think we're going to try Grey's. Great review on Tripadviser. Looking forward to meeting some new Rush fans tomorrow.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revi...h_Carolina.html

We'll be at Greys around 4:30 or so. I am sure at the bar trink39.gif warming up for the show.

Just watched R30 start to finish.......man I can't wait. I have a car meet tomorrow in the morning. Leading 20 cars on a nice drive should take up most of the day.

Kevin

I have a very unique Moving Pictures shirt that my wonderful daughters bought me for the holidays last year. Should be getting to the bar around 5, 5:15. I've seen Rush 14 times since the Permanent Waves tour but its been 7 years since we last seen them. Sleep will be tough tonight. 2.gif

QUOTE (rushbabe @ Apr 2 2011, 08:30 AM)
Grey's it is. Can't wait to meet some fellow Rush fans! biggrin.gif

See you there! What a beautiful day, too! I am stoked.

It's probably too late but I would like someone to take a photo of the Greensboro Coliseum sign with RUSH on it for me. It would be dream for me to be able to go back home, visit friends / family, go to Stamey's for a plate of BBQ and a Cheerwine, go to the show, but times are tough and it ain't happening. If someone would just take a picture of the coliseum sign with RUSH on it, I'd appreciate it. Of course, I'll want a boot / roio, recording of the show too, but that'll come later. The show here in Atlanta back in Sept. was typically fantastic...as usual. Hope y'all have a blast tonight.

p.s. If anyone can part with their used ticket - stub or maybe even pick one up off the floor, I'd appreciate that too. Would like as many as possible.

Durn... now I got a hankerin' for some sausage....