Offical A Perfect Circle Thread

Good,bad,andrush

I'm pretty sure Thirteenth Step is a concept album, and I was wondering if someone had similar takes on it.

Here's mine:

The Package-what somebody does to get drugs (or whatever his addiction may be) "Clever got me this far, and tricky got me in"

Weak And Powerless-giving into the addiction "tilling my own grave to

keep me level; little angel go away/come again some other day/the devil's got my ear today/"

The Noose-the main character goes to rehab, and now, the voices in his head "his addiction" are tempting him again. They ask him how he's planning to make amends to the ones he hurt, and trying to trick him into believing he must do drugs again. "But I'm more than just a little curious, on how you're planning to go about making your amends."

Blue-the main character's girlfriend (this actually happened to Maynard) overdosed on drugs, and now the main character's life begins to fall apart even more. "Call an optimist, she's turning blue."

Vanishing-the character is simply vanishing.

A Stranger-giving into drugs again. "What am I to do with all this silence?"

The Outsider-how the main character is perceived by his friend. "Suicidal imbecile, think about it, you're pounding on a faultline."

Crimes-the main character attempts to kill himself. He counts to ten, and hesitates on nine.

The Nurse Who Loved Me-the main character is in rehab yet again, thinking that a nurse loves him because he provides her with pills. "She's got everything I need/some pills in a little cup/"

Pet-the main character has nightmares of his drugs, who are tempting him yet again. "I'll be the one to protect you from, a voice of reason."

Lullaby-the main character is put to sleep using pharmaceutical drugs, and is now calm and leaving rehab.

Gravity-the main character is still troubled, but is now trying to live his life correctly. "I choose to live."

I have Mer de Noms and love it.

I'm a fan of Troy Van Leeuwen which is how I found out about A Perfect Circle. Of course, I also love Tool so... this was a no-brainer. I also like Troy's own creation, Enemy. The song 'Hostile' from Hooray For Dark Matter is really good.

Archived