Baseball Trivia

anagramking

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 16 2006, 06:23 PM)
who was on deck when Bobby Thomson hit the "shot heard round the world" to win the 1951 NL Penant for the NY Giants?

Willie Mays

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 22 2006, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 22 2006, 11:25 AM)
Who is the only player to win the stolen bases title in both leagues?

Ron Leflore?

What in the hell? You must read Baseball Digest on a regular basis.

You are correct. Fire one out Anagramking

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 22 2006, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 22 2006, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 22 2006, 11:25 AM)
Who is the only player to win the stolen bases title in both leagues?

Ron Leflore?

What in the hell? You must read Baseball Digest on a regular basis.

You are correct. Fire one out Anagramking

I used to read that magazine when I was a kid. They asked some of the most humbling trivia questions of all time in that magazine.

Okay, what team was originally the Baltimore Orioles?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 22 2006, 01:39 PM)
I know that the St. Louis Browns move there sometime in the '50's. But wasn't there a team in Balitmore in the early 1900's?

My guess is the St. Louis Browns.

The St. Louis Browns became the Baltimore Orioles. I meant the other way around. There was a team that was originially the Baltimore Orioles way back when. What team are they now?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 22 2006, 02:14 PM)
Are they still the same since the move?

Same town since the move, except they have had one name change while in their current town.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 22 2006, 07:49 PM)
Which pitcher holds the record for least amount of pitches thrown in a nine inning complete game and how many pitches did he throw?

We might have done this question before. Not sure though. I think the pitcher's last name was Barrett, and it was 50 something pitches. If this question was done before, feel free to do another one.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 22 2006, 11:08 PM)
Which pitcher holds the record for least amount of pitches thrown in a nine inning complete game and how many pitches did he throw?

We might have done this question before. Not sure though. I think the pitcher's last name was Barrett, and it was 50 something pitches. If this question was done before, feel free to do another one.

Ye I was kind of wondering if it was asked before...Barret is right...58 pitches

go ahead AK

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 22 2006, 11:08 PM)

Ye I was kind of wondering if it was asked before...Barret is right...58 pitches

go ahead AK

What major league team was originally known as the Milwaukee Brewers?

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 23 2006, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 22 2006, 11:08 PM)

go ahead AK

What major league team was originally known as the Milwaukee Brewers?

Baltimore Orioles...they were first Brewers, then St. louis Browns and now currently the Orioles...

Archived