July 2 - The Gorge, Teach your kids well

spok

Sorry, most of you younger members will never know the excitement I had today. I'm an older member of the board having been on the bands wagon since 1978 and as I progressed through my adult years I passed along the love of Rush to my kids. Today, that came back in spades when my daughter called me to inform me that on presale for the July 2 show at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, Washington we have section 101 row 15 Seats 9-12.

Remember to pass along the joys of your life to your kids and someday they will reward you...afterall, I've footed the cost of the tickets for the last 4 shows....

We're there, anyone else?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif WTG spok! I'm considering this gig, wasn't overly thrilled with the selections offered in today's presale so will keep checking to see if something spectacular shows up in the general ticket sales, on craigslist, etc. It would have to be up front REALLY close to the stage to make it worth the stress & anxiety of driving the 3-4 hours by myself. (Something I could have easily done back in the day but not so much now that I'm a "older" member like you.)

My 11 year old and I have seen the last two tours together. I'm hoping that this tradition continues. It will be interesting if Rush is still touring when he calls me to tell me that he scored tickets for us for an upcoming show.

My usual Rush buddy doesn't think he can make it to the Vancouver, BC show, so I'm considering taking my 11 year old son. I think it would make a great weekend of bonding. We live in Seattle, so we could hit the concert, stay overnight, then go to the aquarium or science museum.

Definitely will be there. We're in 103, same row. We are bringing our daughter, whom we brought up on Prog Rock. Her favorite band is Genesis but she allows that Rush are pretty awesome, too. laugh.gif

Hope to see you there!

Hey Barchetta82, we'll be in Vancouver, too. Maybe we can have a meet-up of TRF members before the show somewhere nearby....

My brother could only afford lawn so I picked up the extra $ for him so we could sit closer at the Gorge. Got section 103, row 13. This'll be his first ever Rush show (my 10th) and I wanted it to be memorable. I think the last concert just the 2 of us went to was BOC back in like '78.

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Feb 4 2011, 05:11 PM)
My usual Rush buddy doesn't think he can make it to the Vancouver, BC show, so I'm considering taking my 11 year old son. I think it would make a great weekend of bonding. We live in Seattle, so we could hit the concert, stay overnight, then go to the aquarium or science museum.

DO IT! I took my son to his first Rush show at age 7! I tell ya, he and I have special bond through Rush. I can't explain it...it's just there. smile.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 4 2011, 06:51 PM)
Definitely will be there. We're in 103, same row. We are bringing our daughter, whom we brought up on Prog Rock. Her favorite band is Genesis but she allows that Rush are pretty awesome, too. laugh.gif

Hope to see you there!

Hey Barchetta82, we'll be in Vancouver, too. Maybe we can have a meet-up of TRF members before the show somewhere nearby....

And me! (Her family has to sit with me... mwa hahahahahahahaha...)

I would love to meet as many TRF members as possible. And, in advance, I do not have a drool problem. I'll be overly excited about seeing Alex Lifeson.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 5 2011, 02:34 PM)
And, in advance, I do not have a drool problem. I'll be overly excited about seeing Alex Lifeson.

Oh sure, blame your over-active salivary glands on the poor man! laugh.gif