CHICAGO BOX OFFICE-WHAT A JOKE !!!

got rush?

My wife who is blind (very limited vision) called and talked to Marty in the Box

Office before Christmas about getting some seats near the stage. He told her to

call back 01/07/2011. When she called back Marty refused to talk to her and had

a guy named Jim do it. After 20-30 minutes of very heated discussion about not

having a seating set for floor seats and so on, he finally told her " OK, I GOT YOU

ON 4TH ROW CENTER OF STAGE (JUST RIGHT OF CENTER) SEATS 11-12. When

you look at center stage it should be Sec. 2 ..

After not receiving tickets after 10 business days we called back and Marty

answers phone. We explain situation to him and he calls us liars. He says Jim

would have never told us that and we bought seats in the blind/deaf/wheelchair

section---Sec 113. This section is above the stage/ level 2.

What do we do?? The tickets came in and of course the seats are not what

we bought. We feel that we are being deceived.

What is the rules on re-selling tickets? Section 113 is the disabled seating

section.

CAN ANYONE HELP US ???

In 2008 that was near the section I got. They do not put disabled yes even wheelchairs on the floor, I'd been told. They sold tickets to a non handicapped person I knew and he tried to get them to take the seats back and give him something else but they wouldn't.

I recommend you find a consumer fraud reporter on the radio or tv station and call them and see if they will make a big stink for you. If you can find out who Jim and Marty's boss is talk directly to him/her.

Edited by nobodys hero

It doesn't sound to me like anyone is trying to purposely screw you at all. It sounds to me like this Jim and Marty have some communication issues. If one said that you're getting tickets in a certian spot and then the other is saying you're not it seems those two need to talk more and get their info right.

It's best to do what the poster above said and talk to one of Marty and Jim's superiors because it seems that those two goofed something up in the ordering process.

^ I would agree with that. Unfortunately, if you didn't get it in writing (or e-mail) then it's just your word against his. I know that venues have areas set aside for wheelchairs. But I don't know if they have different seats for different types of handicaps such as vision and hearing impaired.

It may be worth a try to make a big fuss and see if they'll move you to a better section. However, I suspect that they deal with this stuff somewhat regularly. They probably have strict policies because if they didn't people would take advantage and abuse the system.

we told everyone we talked to that we could send

Documentation on exactly what her sight was limited to

They just never wanted us to prove it. We told them that

They could talk to her Dr, they just told us that it was not

Needed

Not sure how chicago does it, but MSG has a drop down menu that allows you to select seating for persons with disabilities. It is part of the ADA act. Now, one way or another you can probably file a complaint with the chicago area BBB regarding ignorance of the ADA act on some level, but if they provided you with seats in what they usually use as ADA seating you may be out of luck. Worth a shot though.