Has Reading "Ghost Rider" made you appreciate.

The Owl

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 24 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 24 2011, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2011, 05:20 PM)
Goobs, I know you hate this album, but have you read "Ghost Rider" yet?

It's hard to read anything under a cloud of smoke and a haze of acid laugh.gif

eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

I liked VT when it came out. Granted the production, as stated above is less than wonderful. To me, just being so happy that they came back was enough, but listening to the anger in the album was something else. I am in the middle of reading Ghost Rider, have read Roadshow and The Masked Rider. Reading Ghost Rider so far is not what I expected.

I had been putting that one off thinking it'd be too depressing. I think on some level all of the older fans here feel some sort of connection to the band because we grew up with them. When this all happened, for me anyway it was a "whoah" moment because you think of this band as different from a lot of the bands out there. They're not party animals, they all have families so you figure there won't be the mayhem that follows a lot of bands. Lo and behold, here is this massive loss that is so unimaginable that it is a miracle that Neil even survived it much less carried on with the band.. I'm sure though after reading Ghost Rider I will listen to it differently than when I first heard it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 23 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2011, 03:20 PM)
Goobs, I know you hate this album, but have you read "Ghost Rider" yet?

No, and if I have to read an entire book to appreciate an album, that's much farther than I'm willing to go. I've read enough of Neil's blogs or snippets of blogs to know I have no interest in reading an entire book by him. If that makes me less of a fan, then so be it, but I care about this band for their music, not for the details of their personal lives.

I agree with Goobs

I actually like VT, I don't think it is a bad album.

Conversely, I'm not a huge fan of the track "Ghost Rider"

Go figure ..

Archived