Moments that overwhelm

Oracle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get chills from the live version of Armor and Sword... the solo section, where Alex is just playing really dissonant.

I frequently drum Rush music and sing along. Not bragging, it's not like I'm very good at singing like Geddy lol. But I frequently 'feel' the music way more when I'm doing that. Participating in it, rather than just listening.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jan 31 2011, 04:13 PM)
I frequently drum Rush music and sing along. Not bragging, it's not like I'm very good at singing like Geddy lol. But I frequently 'feel' the music way more when I'm doing that. Participating in it, rather than just listening.

Oh, man, you just made me think of the character in Freaks & Geeks who does the same. I mean that in the most complimentary way - I loved that character and was heartbroken when his father took away his drums. And I wasn't even a big Rush fan then - I liked them a lot, but not like I do now.

Ah the memories smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 31 2011, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jan 31 2011, 04:13 PM)

Oh, man, you just made me think of the character in Freaks & Geeks who does the same. I mean that in the most complimentary way - I loved that character and was heartbroken when his father took away his drums. And I wasn't even a big Rush fan then - I liked them a lot, but not like I do now.

Ah the memories smile.gif

lol I never saw the show. But thanks for the compliment... I think? =p

One day I was listening to a live album, and I was just playing the music loud (which I usually don't do, I'm very OCD about protecting my hearing) and then, the solo to limelight just BLEW me away. It really just tugged at my emotions, got some adrenaline pumping, and then I picked up a school bus (This may or may not be true) but yeah, and also the La Villa Strangiato guitar solo, but also the guitar solo in Here Again. Geddy's just leading the whole song on the bass, and then Alex just unleashes this beast of a guitar solo that just releases all of the energy within you.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jan 17 2011, 11:00 AM)
I'm guessing they mean the "focus is sharp in the cities".... smile.gif

re: Limelight solo. I'm with you on that. Excellent call.

I remember being pretty overwhelmed by Far Cry and Workin' Them Angels last time out too. I always dug those songs but DAMN!! They kicked my ass in 2010.

Nope, the part just after that lyric. My favorite part of the song. Which also happens right after the intro. Know which parts I'm talking about yet?

It should be noted that The Camera Eye is VERY fun to drum on Rock Band laugh.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 1 2011, 03:28 PM)

I remember being pretty overwhelmed by Far Cry and Workin' Them Angels last time out too. I always dug those songs but DAMN!!  They kicked my ass in 2010.

Nope, the part just after that lyric. My favorite part of the song. Which also happens right after the intro. Know which parts I'm talking about yet?

It should be noted that The Camera Eye is VERY fun to drum on Rock Band laugh.gif

2.gif

Oh that part, yes very nice

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 1 2011, 03:41 PM)
I get a stiffy during Camera Eye when Geddy says "from a leaden skyyyyyAHHHH!!!"

I know I'm gonna have a huge hard on when Clockwork Angels releases. Followed by another when they play that shit live.

Hooray for 2.gif woodies!

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 1 2011, 01:28 PM)

I remember being pretty overwhelmed by Far Cry and Workin' Them Angels last time out too. I always dug those songs but DAMN!!  They kicked my ass in 2010.

2.gif

Ah! THAT part. Yeah, I'm with you on that. 653.gif

I think someone mentioned "Life in two dimensions is a mass production scheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!" right before the solo from Grand Designs, that gets me every time too biggrin.gif

And Mystic Rhythms where Ged goes "Capture my thoughts, caAARRRRYYYY them away" is the same.

Such a great album, Power Windows....

Archived