Anyone else watch FRINGE?

shaun3701

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 10 2011, 03:51 PM)

I really like the show. I have 3 episodes on DVR to catch up on before it starts again. It reminds me of the X-Files in a way.

exactly! when i tell others about it, I tell em it's like X Files on steroids, but better

Awww no hatin' on X-Files. xP

I'm working my way through that series and I love it.

I just saw an episode called "Rush" (ha.. ha..) and at one point, Mulder mentioned a "force without form". I lol'd. Epically.

...But not as much as I did when "Tom Sawyer" came on at the beginning of an episode of Fringe! I love that show, and I'm sad it's moving to Fridays. You know what that means... Show's gonna die. D: That's what happened to Firefly. I'd be crushed though! It's like X-Files, except with less government conspiracy and more alternate universe awesomeness. And Leonard Nimoy. (Occasionally. I squee'd when he was in the closer for last season.)

It's a really great cast, amazing writing, and I loooove Giacchino's scores. He sure has a way with composition! I'm hoping it gets at least a couple awards in the future. Love. That. Show. Best thing on broadcast television these days, if ya ask me. ;3

Edited by CMWriter

I finally got around to seeing Friday's episode... Wow!! So fantastic. I'm really glad the Observers are coming back (I guess?) and that they're getting tied into the whole butterfly-effect/alternate-universe plot that's been going on. I'd be interested to see where the series goes from here, what's going to happen to Peter, if any major characters are going to kick the bucket (like Charlie did.. still sad!), and that sort of thing.

Christopher Lloyd did a fantastic job. Always love to see him on the screen, though. The part about him losing his son really pulled at my heartstrings -- and then to throw in the twist that it was indirectly because of Walter bringing Peter over! Wow, now that's what I call good writing.

Naah, doesn't look like Peter's turning evil.

SPOILER!! RIGHT HERE!! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!

Except that it seems he really does love "Fauxlivia" (I'm going to start using that to describe Olivia from the other side) more than Olivia. What that mind-reader guy said was pretty heartbreaking.

And then the whole "whoever he loves, her universe will survive"? Oh my gaaawwwd.

If I ever run into Bob Orci over at Trekmovie I'm going to beg and plead that Peter has a change of heart! Or something! I don't care if Charlie's still alive Over There, Fauxlivia let alternate-Broyles die! That doesn't fly with me one bit. Not to mention it was pretty gross.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 12:24 AM)

Except that it seems he really does love "Fauxlivia" (I'm going to start using that to describe Olivia from the other side) more than Olivia. What that mind-reader guy said was pretty heartbreaking.

And then the whole "whoever he loves, her universe will survive"? Oh my gaaawwwd.
If I ever run into Bob Orci over at Trekmovie I'm going to beg and plead that Peter has a change of heart! Or something! I don't care if Charlie's still alive Over There, Fauxlivia let alternate-Broyles die! That doesn't fly with me one bit. Not to mention it was pretty gross.

I bet he'll end up being in love with both of them, and both worlds will be saved or something lol.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 5 2011, 01:21 AM)

I bet he'll end up being in love with both of them, and both worlds will be saved or something lol.

You're probably right.

But it's more fun to be excited about the anticipation!

What about William Bell? Anyone think he'll be coming back to the screen eventually?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 12:09 PM)

You're probably right.

What about William Bell? Anyone think he'll be coming back to the screen eventually?

I know the writers want him to come back (even though he's dead lol) but it's up to Leonard Nimoy.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 5 2011, 12:21 PM)

You're probably right.

I know the writers want him to come back (even though he's dead lol) but it's up to Leonard Nimoy.

Made me remember something I saw on Trekmovie.com... and Twitter, for that matter.

(Yup, I follow Nimoy on Twitter.)

Article right here! (Spoiler alert?)

Doesn't give a ton of information but TM is pretty good at keeping on top of sci-fi news...

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 5 2011, 12:21 PM)

You're probably right.

Made me remember something I saw on Trekmovie.com... and Twitter, for that matter.

Doesn't give a ton of information but TM is pretty good at keeping on top of sci-fi news...

awesome! I wonder if him and Nina will get together... she revealed her feelings about him last night.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 5 2011, 12:43 PM)

awesome! I wonder if him and Nina will get together... she revealed her feelings about him last night.

Now? Hm... I don't know. I always suspected there would be something between Nina and William Bell.. at least some kind of feelings. Just because I can't see her and Walter. no.gif

It sounds like next week's episode is going to take place on the Other Side. I always wonder what the writers' plans are for there. It is kind of nice to see Charlie though. Surely I wasn't the only one who was bummed when he kicked the bucket..? D: