Songs that are better live than on studio

CrimsonE

I have always thought that "Working Man" is a whole lot more amazing live than in studio, particularly the version from the R30 DVD. "Working Man" is one of the oldest songs in Rush's official catalog; it's from their very first album. I mean no disrespect to John Rutsey, but seeing Rush play that song live with Neil added a whole new energy to the performance. No one can possibly outshine Neil as a drummer. Not to mention Alex was feeling that guitar solo. And you guys already know my feelings on Geddy. wub.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 17 2010, 05:37 PM)
I have always thought that "Working Man" is a whole lot more amazing live than in studio, particularly the version from the R30 DVD. "Working Man" is one of the oldest songs in Rush's official catalog; it's from their very first album. I mean no disrespect to John Rutsey, but seeing Rush play that song live with Neil added a whole new energy to the performance. No one can possibly outshine Neil as a drummer. Not to mention Alex was feeling that guitar solo. And you guys already know my feelings on Geddy. wub.gif

Working man on this tour was awesome 1022.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Dec 17 2010, 02:37 PM)

I agree. Working Man was one of the high points of this tour for me. Sounded better than I have ever heard it before.

Another song that I have never really cared for that much, but really liked it on this tour was LTTA. WAY better than it ever sounded on the album, IMO.

Archived