Hamilton show who got what?

toyzshopmike

Floor 2, row 15 , seat 5

I am beyond pumped for this show. The only thing that I'm unsure of is how the seating direction for floor seats work at Copps...left to right facing the stage? Any ideas? I've only seen the boys in Toronto at MA and the ACC.

Interesting too that the VIP packages were AMEX exclusive. Slightly disappointing as I'm doing this show solo (my wife came with me during the S&A tour and while she appreciated the talent and overall show...not her cup of tea and is choosing to stay home) and certainly had budgeted for the best seat I could find.

I must have hit the reject button 30 times, but it never selected floor sections 1, 2, or 3, which is what i hoped for. So, I settled for 3 tickets, floor section 4. I'm happy i scored. It's Rush, and I'm going to see the boys again.

According to the seating map i googled, section 2 is first section in front of Geddy if my interpretation of the map is correct. Congratulations, Kingdirk.

Edited by rushforumnewuser

Thanks...I can't wait!

I threw back 7 tickets before I grabbed this one. Then I thought..."role the dice...see if you can get better". Well, I did, and I ended up getting seats further back on the floor. Needless to say, I was cursing under my breath. Finally, the same seat came back and I snatched it. Oy! some sweaty moments were had.

The only thing with the seating chart though is that even though the lower bowl and upper bowl seats run clockwise around the arena (ie. if you are on the floor looking up, the seats would run from left to right...Seat 1, Seat 2, etc.), I'm curious to know how the floor seats are set up. Are lower numbered seats more towards the middle (in the case of Copps, Section 1), or towards the boards (if there were boards for a hockey game). If anyone has been to concerts at Copps, I would love to know the answer to this. I can't find any answers online.

Quick question in case anyone might have the answer to this. I'm in section 210, and it's listed as seats 9-8, not 8-9. Is there any significance to this? What I mean is... I'm assuming its the end of the row (since presales have usually netted me those seats). What I'm concerned about is if it's the end of the row CLOSEST to the stage, or if it's the end of the row FARTHEST from the stage. How is it numbered at Copps?

Also, how far away is section 210 in correlation with the stage? I looked at the seating chart but it's a bit foggy in the upper bowl diagram, since it doesn't SHOW the stage. It seems like I'm kind of smack dead in the middle of the sections, while leaning a bit towards being CLOSER than farther. Thanks for any clarification on that, as I would like to be comforted on where exactly it is i'm sitting.

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Dec 8 2010, 01:04 AM)
Quick question in case anyone might have the answer to this. I'm in section 210, and it's listed as seats 9-8, not 8-9. Is there any significance to this? What I mean is... I'm assuming its the end of the row (since presales have usually netted me those seats). What I'm concerned about is if it's the end of the row CLOSEST to the stage, or if it's the end of the row FARTHEST from the stage. How is it numbered at Copps?

Also, how far away is section 210 in correlation with the stage? I looked at the seating chart but it's a bit foggy in the upper bowl diagram, since it doesn't SHOW the stage. It seems like I'm kind of smack dead in the middle of the sections, while leaning a bit towards being CLOSER than farther. Thanks for any clarification on that, as I would like to be comforted on where exactly it is i'm sitting.

http://intl.ticketseating.com/maps/450w/81...rican-idols.jpg

Map with stage - ignore the multi-coloured parts, I think those are typical price-divisions for concerts. I.e. section 119 is three different colours.

Also someone above said the seating goes clockwise around the arena so maybe in your section 9 would be seen before 8.. I saw a show there when I was 7 or 8 (so ten+ years probably) so I'm not much help here. Sorry.

Thanks for the map Padfoot...

The map shows where the rows in each floor section go which is a huge help in knowing how far we are from the stage. Maybe I'll call the box office today to find out how the seating pattern works for floors.

I bought tickets off musictoday.com and landed FL5 row 16. This is going to be my first Rush concert and I am pumped.

Anyone know if these are the front row of that section or not? I saw a few seating charts that suggested that they would be.

Also, would seat 1 be towards the center of the stage or the right side of the stage?

According to the box office, floor seat numbering starts to the far right when looking at the stage. There are 42 seats in each row, so divide that by the 3 sections going across and seats 1-14 are in Floor 2, 15-28 floor 1, and 29-42 floor 3. Now you can see exactly where you are going to be sitting.

QUOTE (Kingdirk @ Dec 9 2010, 01:41 PM)
According to the box office, floor seat numbering starts to the far right when looking at the stage. There are 42 seats in each row, so divide that by the 3 sections going across and seats 1-14 are in Floor 2, 15-28 floor 1, and 29-42 floor 3. Now you can see exactly where you are going to be sitting.

Oh I see, thats too bad. So having seat 1 in section FL5 is all the way to right. Thats dissappointing.

Finnkle...its actually a great location. You won't have anyone in front of you, nor to the right. I had that similar of a seat when I went to see Elton John a few years back, and if you don't mind people walking by the aisle in front of you, you'll be fine. And besides, no one SITS at a 2.gif Concert! It looks like I'll be just in front of you as well. cool.gif

Anyone else notice this is the first Hamilton show since 1991? In 1991 the Hamilton gig was the first show of the RTB tour, I was 17 then and my buddies and I bought great lower stands tickets off scalpers at the venue for close to face value (probably $40-$50 each ... *SIGH*). I cheered so much during the show I lost my voice and sounded like Bob Dylan afterward!

I tried the Thursday 10AM Live Nation pre-sale through TicketMaster, looking for a single ticket. As anticipated, nothing too spectacular came up, so I didn't buy today. The best I saw was row 17 floor, that and row 31 floor came up again and again. I checked the VIP $300 tickets at this time (between 10:00-10:20 AM Thursday) and a floor row 10 single came up. Just checked for the same single VIP ticket at 10:40PM Thursday night on Ticketmaster and floor row 14 came up.

The extras you get with the VIP package are not bad, so if on Friday morning I can get within 5 rows of the stage I'll take this package. Otherwise, I'll "roll the bones" and see what I can get floorwise for $100 on Friday morning.

Having seen them on the Snakes/Arrows tour from 2nd row dead centre floor in London, Ontario I know how much of a difference a few rows makes (having seen them several times from 12th row floor or so in Toronto).

Row 1-3 - they're playing in your living room

Row 4-beyond - they're not playing in your living room

QUOTE (Necromancer23 @ Dec 10 2010, 12:16 AM)
Anyone else notice this is the first Hamilton show since 1991? In 1991 the Hamilton gig was the first show of the RTB tour, I was 17 then and my buddies and I bought great lower stands tickets off scalpers at the venue for close to face value (probably $40-$50 each ... *SIGH*). I cheered so much during the show I lost my voice and sounded like Bob Dylan afterward!

I tried the Thursday 10AM Live Nation pre-sale through TicketMaster, looking for a single ticket. As anticipated, nothing too spectacular came up, so I didn't buy today. The best I saw was row 17 floor, that and row 31 floor came up again and again. I checked the VIP $300 tickets at this time (between 10:00-10:20 AM Thursday) and a floor row 10 single came up. Just checked for the same single VIP ticket at 10:40PM Thursday night on Ticketmaster and floor row 14 came up.

The extras you get with the VIP package are not bad, so if on Friday morning I can get within 5 rows of the stage I'll take this package. Otherwise, I'll "roll the bones" and see what I can get floorwise for $100 on Friday morning.

Having seen them on the Snakes/Arrows tour from 2nd row dead centre floor in London, Ontario I know how much of a difference a few rows makes (having seen them several times from 12th row floor or so in Toronto).

Row 1-3 - they're playing in your living room
Row 4-beyond - they're not playing in your living room

I wanted to go to that show so bad. That was my friend's first Rush show and I just couldn't pull it off. Many people wanted to see Hip and bail on Rush.

Anyways I scored:

SecFL8

Row37

Sec8 - 7

Price Level 1

FLOOR AREA

Live Nation. Quite impressed with these guys.

I have never seen Rush but enjoy their music so I decided to go on to ticketmaster for their Hamilton show and voila! Got 2 seats, sec 106 row 9!

Here's my ques's:

-i have never seen Rush but my seats are at the side of the stage - are my seats or view or even sound suck at that angle?

-also, this might be a dumb ques and forgive me but it seems that they don't play The Big Money anymore - why is that?

QUOTE (Harper77 @ Dec 17 2010, 12:17 PM)
I have never seen Rush but enjoy their music so I decided to go on to ticketmaster for their Hamilton show and voila! Got 2 seats, sec 106 row 9!

Here's my ques's:

-i have never seen Rush but my seats are at the side of the stage - are my seats or view or even sound suck at that angle?

-also, this might be a dumb ques and forgive me but it seems that they don't play The Big Money anymore - why is that?

Can't answer your first question as I've never been to the venue, but as for the second question, they played Big Money in the VT tour. I guess they just want to play something else.

QUOTE (Harper77 @ Dec 17 2010, 12:17 PM)
I have never seen Rush but enjoy their music so I decided to go on to ticketmaster for their Hamilton show and voila!  Got 2 seats, sec 106 row 9!

Here's my ques's:

Your view will be fantastic. The stage is very clear on the sides, so you will have a great view of Geddy from the side all night.....it's a really interesting perspective. You also get to watch what the tech is doing at side-stage. View of the screen might not be that great though, and I have no idea about the sound.

I saw those seats this morning and considered them also, but I'm gonna wait awhile and see what else turns up after all my Christmas bills have been paid off! biggrin.gif

Edited by Bastille Night