Cleveland show will be filmed!!!

10040_1649983119

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone besides me think the band is making a mistake by committing themselves to this one venue?

First they tell us we'll have a new album by this summer - NOT.

Then they lock themselves into a setlist by publishing it on their website before the tour started.

And now, despite some of the worst technical failures, they commit themselves to one particular concert to record for DVD? What happens WHEN Alex's guitar fails - will they edit it out and overdub the sound?

Boys are getting too rigid in their plans. Should have just announced that they will be creating a DVD from this leg of the tour and leave it at that.

QUOTE (vintonalan @ Dec 12 2010, 06:14 AM)
There *IS* no film!! ARRGH!

Yea, but 'Film' rolls of the tongue faster than 'Solid State Flash Memory'.

Rush are going to Solid State Flash Memory the Cleveland show.... just doesn't sound right.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 6 2010, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 6 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 6 2010, 07:47 AM)
wow another live dvd. sarcasm.gif

Yeah but this one won't have 100 S&A songs on it laugh.gif

you have a point but if anyone buys this for me, i hope they include the receipt. i'd rather have an electric shaver. tongue.gif

If someone buys me an electric shaver, I hope they include the receipt as I'd rather have live footage of Moving Pictures in it's entirety.

I found an interesting video Time Machine Tour.

Notice the camera, I believe it was being "taped" or recorded, however you want to say it.

the description says

white river amphitheater Moving pictures tour 2010". It was uploaded Aug. 10 2010

Link

so what do you think?

Possible back up footage? How many other shows were possibly recorded?

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Dec 31 2010, 10:41 PM)

Notice the camera, I believe it was being "taped" or recorded, however you want to say it.

the description says

white river amphitheater Moving pictures tour 2010". It was uploaded Aug. 10 2010

Link

so what do you think?

just cameras for the screens behind them for people farther back

i also read that rush records audio every night but doesnt allways record video

the description says

Link

so what do you think?

all or a lot of shows on this tour have this camera up front. could be use for extra footage, who knows?

peeps yawning about another live dvd coming out,but as Sir Bruce of Maiden said "After 25 odd years its less of a band,more a business"

I can understand the certain lack of enthusiasm for yet another live dvd recording, but being on my home turf this is a very special occasion and that alone makes it exciting. But I do hope they would make this dvd/cd collection different in the "extra's" department perhaps with some" official" bootlegs of those early Cleveland Agora recordings from WMMS coffee break concert series.Or maybe with some from Moving Pictures tour Richfield May 7th and 8th 1981 (I was there second nite on B-day! smile.gif ) To go along with theme of Time Machine .. if there is any???

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post to this forum. And thank you for accepting me.

I really wanted to say that I'm really jazzed about this new 'age' RUSH has seemed to embrace in terms of the video generation. They seem to really be enjoying doing these types of live recordings for the fans. I loved Rush in Rio and Snakes & Arrows Live. I have as yet to get R30, but it's next on my DVD list. This new live disc is great news.

Thanks for this forum.

LilGeddyAlexNeil 2.gif

QUOTE (lakeside bard @ Jan 2 2011, 11:49 AM)
peeps yawning about another live dvd coming out,but as Sir Bruce of Maiden said "After 25 odd years its less of a band,more a business"

True. Good point too. Everyone deserves to build a retirement package. I am saving for mine and it is between 15 and 20 years away. Rush and Maiden's seem to be closer than that.

QUOTE (lilgeddyalexneil @ Jan 2 2011, 02:35 PM)
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post to this forum. And thank you for accepting me.

I really wanted to say that I'm really jazzed about this new 'age' RUSH has seemed to embrace in terms of the video generation. They seem to really be enjoying doing these types of live recordings for the fans. I loved Rush in Rio and Snakes & Arrows Live. I have as yet to get R30, but it's next on my DVD list. This new live disc is great news.

Thanks for this forum.

LilGeddyAlexNeil 2.gif

Welcome to the forum!

R30 is my favorite - love the intro!

QUOTE (tripdad @ Jan 3 2011, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (lilgeddyalexneil @ Jan 2 2011, 02:35 PM)

Thanks for this forum.

LilGeddyAlexNeil  2.gif

Welcome to the forum!

R30 is my favorite - love the intro!

Tripdad:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to be here and to share my renewed love of Rush and the guys.

I haven't bought R30 yet, but I hope to this month. I had it on my Christmas Wishlist, but no one bit.

Happy New Year by the way.

LilGeddyAlexNeil

I remember when I first got into Rush in the 90s, the only "video" that was widely available was ASOH on VHS. I must have played that thing a million times, I was always in awe watching them play. Then I remember hearing after the Test for Echo tour that they were working on a live DVD (which was brand new at the time). I waited years for that thing and it never came out... then finally in 2003 Rush in Rio was released. I don't know about you people, but I can't get enough live Rush. I want a live release of EVERY tour... and they seem to be delivering on that so I'm happy.

the description says

Link

so what do you think?

Where's the link? I can't click on anything. I want to see the video!