Official Joe Bonamassa Thread

Maverick

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Feb 14 2011, 01:31 PM)
I goin to see him in Saginaw in March, Im really not familiar with a lot of his music but I like what I hear and I'm a guitar player so ill enjoy it no matter what

Is that Joe B. in your avatar as well?

You're going to love seeing him in Saginaw. His tour has just started and the setlist is killer.

1022.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Feb 14 2011, 01:49 PM)
saw JB in Belfast December '09 - simply sublime

Called in for a pint afterwards at the Garrick pub and who comes walking in - JB and his band followed by Sandi Thom and her band (who were the support)

Got some nice pics with him (look at my avatar) - true gent and he signed the back of my ticket

Great night!! trink39.gif

What I wouldn't give for an evening like that!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 14 2011, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (nebbish @ Feb 14 2011, 12:49 PM)
saw JB in Belfast December '09 - simply sublime

Called in for a pint afterwards at the Garrick pub and who comes walking in - JB and his band followed by Sandi Thom and her band (who were the support)

Got some nice pics with him (look at my avatar) - true gent and he signed the back of my ticket

Great night!! trink39.gif

Cool!!! I didn't know that was him in your avatar.

A friend and I are going to see him here on the 26th. I'm very excited!!!

I can't wait to read your review of this show!

smile.gif

www.jbxp.net

Check out the Joe Bonamassa Experience. Its almost identical in look and feel to Facebook. There are over 4,000 members as well. Its kind of a mashup between Facebook and TRF, if you will.

They promote some kind of points system there (you'll see it when you first go there) but I don't bother with that. People post all sorts of things, mostly Joe related. One cool thing is, people post lots of new videos from the current tour.

1022.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (The Maples @ Nov 15 2010, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 15 2010, 03:48 AM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/joe_bonamassa_guitars_amps.jpg

Joe's gear.  A Little something for everyone!

1022.gif

That's just .....beautiful.

Wow... What a beautiful collection... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 24 2011, 12:40 PM)
Saturday night!!!! 653.gif

Nosebleed seats, but I don't care. smile.gif

Nosebleed? The venue probably isn't more than 1,000 seats, or am I wrong? There's no bad seat at a Bonamassa concert!

1022.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 24 2011, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 24 2011, 12:40 PM)
Saturday night!!!!  653.gif

Nosebleed seats, but I don't care.  smile.gif

Nosebleed? The venue probably isn't more than 1,000 seats, or am I wrong? There's no bad seat at a Bonamassa concert!

1022.gif

I'm in the middle section of the upper balcony. And, yeah, it's not a huge venue, so I should be ok. Besides, Orchestra seats usually leave my shortness at a disadvantage if people decide to stand. The Music Hall has pretty decent acoustics, too.

I got back a little while ago from the show. Amazing.... smile.gif

The sound in the Music Hall was incredible. VERY nice venue. Around 3,000 in attendance. I'll have to get my thoughts together and tell ya'll what he played. But, he broke out the double-neck and the Flying V (for Just Got Paid). Brought the house down with Woke Up Dreaming. I got a few pictures from my seat in the rafters and a little bit of audio from Sloe Gin. I almost didn't go because my friend who was supposed to go with me backed out. But, I'm really glad I went, even if it was solo. It was a great show. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. smile.gif

Oh... and I have three words for the ladies...

Tight White Jeans! wub.gif

Damn! That boy looked GOOD! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Feb 27 2011, 01:17 AM)
I got tickets sorted for the BCC gig in Manchester in a couple of months....Can't wait 1022.gif

You'll love the show. The thing about him is that not only can he play guitar like a mad man, but he has an amazing singing voice. I was surprised how strong and clear his voice is. I thought maybe it would sound a little more rough live, but that isn't the case at all. He played a song from the BCC album, too, but I can't remember the name of it. His drummer is really good, too. The whole band is really good, actually. It's just him, the drummer, bass player and keyboard player. I kind of expected more people on stage. But, they made a hell of a noise with just the four of them.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 27 2011, 02:01 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 27 2011, 02:43 AM)
I forgot to mention that the music while we waited for the show to start was Judas Priest. Seriously...  yes.gif

That's cos Priest rule!

1022.gif

Exactly.

Still, I was surprised.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 27 2011, 07:37 AM)
QUOTE (Wartypig @ Feb 27 2011, 01:17 AM)
I got tickets sorted for the BCC gig in Manchester in a couple of months....Can't wait  1022.gif

You'll love the show. The thing about him is that not only can he play guitar like a mad man, but he has an amazing singing voice. I was surprised how strong and clear his voice is. I thought maybe it would sound a little more rough live, but that isn't the case at all. He played a song from the BCC album, too, but I can't remember the name of it. His drummer is really good, too. The whole band is really good, actually. It's just him, the drummer, bass player and keyboard player. I kind of expected more people on stage. But, they made a hell of a noise with just the four of them.

Caught them in Wolverhampton (The Black Country) in December and got a few choice shots.....We were allowed to stay in the pit for the whole gig...Hope it's the same next time .

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Black%20Country%20Communion%202010/DSC_4392.jpg

Very much hoping to get tickets for one of his UK tour dates in October which go on sale tomorrow.

Glad you had a great time, he really is a magnificent live force.

Oh and last tour he came on to '2 Minutes to Midnight' by Maiden. 1022.gif

I was singing along and doing the actions you see the crew do in Flight 666 and got laughed at by the rest of the front row! laugh.gif cool.gif

Oh and that's a great shot WP! Still have yet to see BCC, hope to rectify this soon!